The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

What About Hicks?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 sidthecat

sidthecat

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2017 - 23:31

I got my hands on a Hicks dip pen recently: a mother-of-pearl with a sliding gold mount. It's got a crack in it so I need to take it to my jeweler. The nib, however, is very nice. It's similar to the nib on my Tiffany pen: semiflex, but producing a graceful line and very pleasant to handle.
I keep forgetting I have three of them. I should ask Mr. Zorn if he's made any progress on my little Cartier.
Anything to keep me from buying another one.

Sponsored Content

#22 sidthecat

sidthecat

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:49

Update: I got another one: a somewhat-battered GF ringtop with what looks like a nice little stub nib. It has some interesting decoration on it, and I got it for (relatively) cheap.
We'll see how it cleans up.

#23 pennooob

pennooob

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:08

Hello,

I just got this pen/ pencil. It has William S. Hicks New York No 4 NIB.

Anyone know anything about this pen/ pencil?

Is the entire thing Hicks or just the NIB?

I don't see any other markings

Attached Images

• william Hicks.jpg

Sponsored Content

|