Another Star Wars Fan´s Nightmare... Crazily Priced By S.t. Dupont

plumista

Please, FPNers that love the Star Wars saga, look at what have they done to some of your favourite film icons.

And still worse than the recent Cross release, whose expensive price tags I am sure you already know, due to its simply impossible price. Not to mention the aesthetics...

What do you think?

plumista

Edited by plumista

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• 2brothers

• christianch

• Orpilorp

I never have liked novelty pens, where the primary selling feature is the initial look of the pen (the shock value if you will) rather than the instrument's writability. They remind me of those feathered ballpoint pens seen at weddings. Me, I just want a pen which writes well and is pleasant to behold. How many Parker 51's or Esterbrook J's can be bought for the same money that would be spent on a Cross C3PO?

Any of the geeky Star Wars pens should be an embarrassment to own, a testimony to the owner's lack of taste and bubble-headedness; right down there with Acme's $500 Dracula pen that comes in a coffin.

But enough of my ranting. For all I know they'll sell thousands of those pens.

What is the issue?

Tastes vary-as such things go this isn't too bad.

The price-there are many people with incomes many multiples of our incomes for which this is not excessive. Would we be interested at 10% of the listed price?

Accept that as you and I are as likely to buy this as a Veyron, wish them well, and move on with a smile.

No issues..whatsoever..as was said above

different strokes for different folks..

whatever floats your boat.... No problemo.

Remember opening day Star Wars in NYCity

hmm..thirty eight years ago....and the buttons they gave us

while waitin' on line...'May The Force Be With You'...had

several and gave 'em to the the kids.................................

The pen looks kinda cool on its holder and the

price point ain't bad..................Now for something completely

different...No..not The nobody expects The Spanish

Inquisition bit....But..this watch commissioned by

Lucasfilm.. Devon Star Wars watch T196SW at

only $28,500 usd........Google It.......................................

Fred

No issues..whatsoever..as was said above

.But..this watch commissioned by

Lucasfilm.. Devon Star Wars watch T196SW at

only $28,500 usd........Google It.......................................

Fred

Also, there's this MB&F music machines for 17,000 Swiss francs.

https://youtu.be/s6XZc6njprc

post-50576-0-44049100-1447600178_thumb.jpg

post-50576-0-32546400-1447600188_thumb.jpg

post-50576-0-65421200-1447600196_thumb.jpg

Todd :happycloud9:

• 1 month later...

wow! I was around to post a review of my new pens: ST Dupont Star Wars (black and white) but I have to admit that I am somehow intimidated by the comments here :)

I am somehow lost: the pricing is not on the cheap side but there are so many more expensive (and unusable) limited edition that I think the dupont ones are excellent for daily use.

Here one photo: what do you think ? (sorry for the poor quality)

Christian

post-104515-0-62901800-1452288412_thumb.jpg

Those look great!

thank you. The photo is not good but was just a quick shoot taken at night. Will take some more photos and perhaps post a review. I think they look and write very well. Are also in ceramium (dupont ceramic material) so pretty light. All in all very good writers.

• 7 years later...
On 11/14/2015 at 7:14 PM, watch_art said:

I actually think the ST D pens are awesome.

And for the amount of work that must have gone into them the price doesn't seem too bad.

Agreed! 

I haven't seen any of those, but I have a couple of the Sheaffer Star Wars pens ("Yoda" and "R2D2").  Didn't like the design on some of them, though (the "Rey" pen was sort of boring, which was a disappointment since I liked the character).  And wasn't fast enough to get a BB-8 pen while they were still available.

They're fun, they're not expensive, they're decent writers.  Okay, I'm ALSO the person who has a couple of the Looney Toons Parker Vectors (the "Taz" pen and the "Sylvester" pen) and just went bananas over the Shrek "Puss in Boots" pen -- when I saw that pen on eBay (and from a vendor I've had good experiences with in the past) I started laughing and said, "OMG -- I must HAVE that!"  OTOH, the "Shrek" and "Donkey" pens didn't interest me one iota.  But if they had done a "Fiona" pen I've have wanted that one too.... :thumbup:

Yes, they're "kids" pens/"school pens".   So what?  My Vectors -- ALL of them -- are little workhorses that write well.  And why NOT have fun with what you use?  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."