Philadelphia Show Changes

Jackson

Remind me of the joke about three pen collectors stranded on a deserted island. They all made a very good living.

Sounds like you could apply that analogy to the Philly pen show - betcha lots of pens traded hands among the dealers.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaporama

• tryphon

• coolpenz

• pararis

I attended the Philly show. Arrived Friday and left today (long story). Home is southern Maryland. Travel there and back was an adventure.

The walk-in crowd for Saturday and Sunday totaled over 320.

I counted 22+ dealer/collectors.

We were not stuck in the hotel. Of course, not everything was open (mostly on Saturday).

I'm a weekend trader who exclusively buys. I had a great show!

See yall next year in Philly.

Joe Nemecek

Edited by joe120

I have my ticket for the LA and SF shows from last year. I think I'll try this strategy and see if it works.

I can report back.

Somehow, I see this working at the SF Show. Call it a hunch.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I had emailed the organizers last Friday, the day before the show, asking if there was a policy about refunds given the weather. As I stated, I do not expect one but I wanted to clarify before writing it off. I didn't necessarily expect a reply over the weekend due to the show and even thought Monday would be tough as they were getting back to the normal routine. Here it is Thursday, almost a week later, and I have yet to receive a response. A little disappointing.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I'd like to know who made it to Philly. If anyone is there for the show and reads this, let us know! You are braver than I!

I'd like to know who made it to Philly. If anyone is there for the show and reads this, let us know! You are braver than I!

I was there both days. While a small crowd it was great. Time to really talk to the dealers and other customers.

Please do not cancel future Philadelphia shows just because a storm hit this year. I was able to attend both days. I made several purchases, had great talks with the dealers, and learned a great deal that will help me with this hobby/interest. I Will attend next year and I hope it is for 3 days.

Hey guys, Eric Orozco is working on refunds today. I told him anyone wanting one would receive one, regardless of the financial bottom line to me. This is stated in our Philosophy here: http://www.franklin-christoph.com/philosophy.html - and we'll back that up with this.

The delay this week is partly my fault as we lost my wife's mother and I had other things to attend to this week that pulled me away from work.

The show was a great success, and 90% of vendors were able to make it. They came in from California and New York, North Carolina and Georgia, and all parts in between. We even had the former Director of Manufacturing for Cross in Ireland show up from across the pond and he was a joy to meet. Of course we didn't hit the attendance we would have liked, but I was frankly surprised that we got over 300 through the door. Most did pretty good business and a great time was had by all. We look forward to a great Philly Show 2017!

I know some want to be negative, but that's okay. We only took this on to help promote the hobby and industry. Something perhaps the PCA could work on.

Cheers to all, and if you have any issues or matters that need resolving, email me directly at Scott@Franklin-Christoph.com. Otherwise Eric can help you at info@philadelphiapenshow.com

Thanks sincerely,

Scott Franklin

Franklin-Christoph, Ltd.

F-C on Twitter

F-C on Facebook

Franklin-Christoph.com

F o r t i t u d o....e t....F i d e s

Not sure why this thread said "Thread Closed" and locked a day ago but seems to have been edited since then. Anyway, I think I speak for all those on this thread when I say that we are very sorry to hear of your loss, Scott. It must have been an extremely stressful week with that plus worrying about the snow/show.

Like others on this thread, I would not have sought a refund as I would not pass on the cost of my choice to gamble with NE weather during winter. There are options, such as pen shows down south etc. I am grateful that I even have the time and money to ponder the next pen and consider attending a pen show - I'm living a life that most people on this planet could only dream of. Scott's post indicates the organizers are going to issue refunds to those that want them, so hopefully all resolved now. Good luck to all show organizers / participants and I hope that all pen enthusiasts get to attend the shows they want to! All the best to everyone for 2016 and keep safe.

I received a refund without pressing the issue. I'm very pleased and find the explanation offered more than acceptable. I think Franklin Christoph are doing right and look forward to their stewardship of next years show. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I just received my refund as well; it arrived quickly and cheerfully. I too am looking forward to next year's show.

My new F-C Antique Glass/'Coke Bottle' Pocket #66 Medium Cursive--eyedroppered with Franklin Green ink--made the snow-trudging worthwhile for me. Yes, compared to previous years, the 2016 show was lightly attended but Philadelphia warmth and grit were in plentiful supply...I predict Scott and Eric will succeed in strengthening this important Philly tradition.