The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Some Nice Ebay Finds (A Burgundy Senior Max Vac, Etc.)

vacumatic moore waterman morrison ebay

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:22

i've been building up a small stash of ebay finds in my daughter's place in san diego these past few months (i live and work in the philippines, and so i tend to collect my ebay stuff in the US when i visit once or twice a year).

among my most recent pickups was this burgundy vac which, at the time i bought it, seemed to me to be either a senior or slender maxima. it's still hard for me to tell one from the other just from a picture, but i was hoping for a senior max, because i already have the slender in burgundy, among other colors except blue).

thankfully, it did turn out to be a senior maxima in very fine condition, from 1939, with striped jewels and section, needing just a new diaphragm, which i'll install as soon as i fly back to manila. the price wasn't too bad, either:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191712327935?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

22920660816_97e34fa0da_c.jpg

and the others?

22931478522_d3cdbc3bee_c.jpg

the best ones include a huge, near-mint morrison's overlay which i picked up for $80, a moore L-94 in RHR, a sweet, very clean GF wahl, and a plain but also very clean BHR waterman 54. many have super-flex nibs ;)

now i can't wait to get home so i can resac and refurbish these babies.

Check out my blog and my pens

Sponsored Content

#2 bsenn

bsenn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2015 - 18:36

Nice, nice, nice! How does one even decide which pen to start on...

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

#3 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• 4,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2015 - 16:00

many thanks! i've cleaned up all of them (now just waiting for sacs). will end up selling most of these to my local pen club, but the big morrison and the burgundy vac will definitely be keepers.

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:03

Is the Morrison the second one from the left?  I have one in the same pattern overlay, except that it's a ringtop.  Nice juicy nib on it.  What did yours have?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• 4,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:44

a big flexy nib ;)

Is the Morrison the second one from the left?  I have one in the same pattern overlay, except that it's a ringtop.  Nice juicy nib on it.  What did yours have?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

#6 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2015 - 00:50

I've gotten some awfully nice things on eBay, mostly from estates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vacumatic, moore, waterman, morrison, ebay

Sponsored Content

|