Conid Minimalistica Demonstrator Now Available !

fountainbel

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• tartuffo

• wascallyrabbit

• jde

Hi fountain pen fans !

Below a link to the Conid website on which Conid just added the Minimalistica demonstrator.

Good news being the pen is launched at the same price as the standard Minimalistica !

Francis.

http://www.conidpen.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=collections&cat=minimalistica

Francis!

I'm thinking hard about finally adding a Conid to my pen box (either the demo Minimalistica or the Slimline).

Two friends of mine each have a Minimalistica: the newer pen has a solid rod in the feed. My other friend's older Minimalistica does not.

May I ask what transpired to make this change in the feed? Is it a "push aside" for the rod? Or about ink flow? Or something else entirely?

Thanks kindly,

Julie

Edited by jde

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Hi Julie,

The stainless pin mounted in the feed is a recent improvement on all the CONID Bulkfillers.

The pin functions as a "surface tension breaker", improving spontaneous back and forth ink transfer between the barrel and the ink window.

Hope this clarifies the matter !

Best regards,

Francis

Ah! Very good. Thank you. Appreciate the information, Francis

--J

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

When I saw this thread, for a brief moment I thought the Conid Minimalistica I want

to buy had gone into production !

http://i.imgur.com/sIwfFTA.jpg

When I saw this thread, for a brief moment I thought the Conid Minimalistica I want

http://i.imgur.com/sIwfFTA.jpg

i like this one. when will it be for sale?

Hi Tartuffo and wascallyrabbit

This was my home made prototype,

Given the Mimimalistica aimed to be the Conid "entry level " Bulkfiller, the design was skipped for cost reasons.

A pen featuring the transparent cap, the special shaped clip and the cap edge reenforcement ring would cost surely 25% higher compared to the cost of the actual "Minimalistica +"

Francis

Apart from the clip there is any other change between the plus and non plus version?

I cannot believe that justify the 50€ (VAT excl.) difference in price.

Thanks,

Rafael

Apart from the clip there is any other change between the plus and non plus version?

I cannot believe that justify the 50€ (VAT excl.) difference in price.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi rafapa,

The clip is effectively the only difference between both versions.

Note the titanium clip is completely machined starting from solid titanium bar stock.

Titanium easily breaks when bending, so one needs a bending radius of minimal 7 times the material thickness.

Further on the actual clip finger is concave at the underside and convex at the outside , ensuring flexibility and an excellent memory to return to its contact with the cap, even when opening the clip finger 3 mm.

In fact the clip happens to be the most expensive part of the Minimalistica….

Hope this clarifies the cost difference between the "Minimalistica" and the "Minimalistica+"

Francis

It's a lovely pen though Francis! :)

What nib do you have in there?

Hi da vinci,

Glad reading you like it !

The nib installed is a medium stainless version.

Francis

..... The clip is effectively the only difference between both versions.

.... In fact the clip happens to be the most expensive part of the Minimalistica….

Looking through the pictures of the Minimalistica I have collected

I just noticed that there is a Minimalistica + prototype, also very beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/qRRxxwy.jpg

The full clear design ( even without an expensive clip) is by far my favourite.

It's just one opinion but ( with all my respect ) the present

demonstrator model with the black cap seems to suffer from

a visual imbalance.

I have only pictures to go from but when I look at the following two sets

of examples, I find the first set, without the black cap visually stunning,

breathtaking even in the integration of industrial design and beauty.

http://i.imgur.com/354HTAu.jpg

And then, seen with the black cap, the awe that was there is gone and the pen reverts

to being just an interesting pen with a little too much black at one end .

http://i.imgur.com/DKvOxh2.jpg

So here's to a Minimalistica minus ! The clear demo without a clip .

I hope one day I'll be able to buy one . : )

j.d.

Edited by tartuffo

i'm with tartuffo i like the clear cap with or without a clip. the standard coined clip looks good to me. the black cap seems to make the pen look a little odd as it seems unbalanced to me.

Hi all,

I'll discus the possibility of producing a "full demonstrator" with Conid.

Note however making a transparent cap will somewhat increase production cost;

Polishing the cap internally and internally to full transparency is a time-consuming manual operation !

Conid will also need a minimal production series of 20 pens.

So question is, how many of you are interested in buying such a "full demonstrator" Minimalistica ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

Francis

Hi all,

I'll discus the possibility of producing a "full demonstrator" with Conid.

Note however making a transparent cap will somewhat increase production cost;

Polishing the cap internally and internally to full transparency is a time-consuming manual operation !

Conid will also need a minimal production series of 20 pens.

So question is, how many of you are interested in buying such a "full demonstrator" Minimalistica ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

Francis

Hi,

I sent you a message but I'm not sure if you have received it. Can you please check your inbox?

Thanks.

Hi,

I sent you a message but I'm not sure if you have received it. Can you please check your inbox?

Thanks.

Sorry, no message came in…..

Please send PM over FPN

Thanks, Francis

Sorry, no massage came in…..

Please send PM over FPN

Thanks, Francis

I resent my previous message both as email and PM. I hope you get it this time. Thanks.

I resent my previous message both as email and PM. I hope you get it this time. Thanks.

Thanks, I've already responded !

Francis