The Shock Of A Skyline Ballpoint

Redblur

Hi all -

I just received a Skyline I bought from the 'Bay - and surprise! It's a ballpoint. The seller was very inexperienced, and did include a picture that identified it as a ballpoint, but I missed it - it was the last pic in the series and I just goofed.

The body and cap are in excellent shape, and I would love to have a Skyline ballpoint I can actually use, but - the very non-standard cartridge has me nonplussed.

Does anyone know of a way to retrofit a modern ballpoint (or gel, or anything, really) cartridge into a Skyline?

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greenie

• Redblur

• Parker51

• KZ900

Thanks, Greenie! I'll give it a try! I'm kind of afraid to do it on the one I have - it's really *very clean* - so I will try to find a beater first.

Get an Eversharp CA - the ones that look like the Fifth Avenue. You can pick them up for not much money and practice on that.

I actually would like a Skyline ballpoint to convert, but those are much less common.

Redblur,

I owe you some thanks.

You got me looking at Eversharp ballpoints just to see what you can pick one up for, and someone had a good Buy It Now price on a Skyline ballpoint. Because of your post, I picked up something I wanted but was not actively looking for.

Any interest in an Eversharp CA that has been converted? I have two with black barrels. Small dings in cap.

But I am more interested in trading for a decent Skyline clip or a black section with ink view portion.

fpn_1447815715__img_3365.jpg

fpn_1447815721__img_3366.jpg

Hello, if you measure the size needed for the cartridge I will check the odd size refills I have. Some of them still work, but even if I can't get you a working replacement, knowing a more modern refill might work would allow you to try to locate one. I happened onto them when a local office supply store was closing out its extensive ballpoint, roller ball, lead and replacement nib selection. The nibs went quickly, just a few old stock 45 and 75 nibs, eventually the leads found a good home with a Pencil collector that has allowed him to refill his large pencil lead display case with the correct new old stock such that it would meet with approval from the lead maker, but I still have many of the odd ballpoint refills. The ballpoint refills are mostly 30 to 40 years old which was about the high point for a great variety of proprietary ballpoint refills.