The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Franklin-Christoph Marietta 20 - Lovely Pen

franklin-christoph f-c marietta 20

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 latetotheparty

latetotheparty

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2015 - 23:22

The next pen show you attend, I highly recommend trying the 18k Masuyama medium italic nib. It's phenomenal.

Thanks very much for the tip!

Sponsored Content

#22 Diderot

Diderot

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2015 - 18:30

Nice looking pen.

Thanks for the review.

#23 latetotheparty

latetotheparty

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:31

Nice looking pen.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for taking the time to read and for responding.  I'm pretty sure FC ships to the UK.  It's been about a month and a half since I got my FC 20 and am still using it every day. No regrets!

#24 arcadeflow

arcadeflow

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2015 - 14:12

The next pen show you attend, I highly recommend trying the 18k Masuyama medium italic nib. It's phenomenal.

How is the writing angle of this nib compared to a regular medium nib (like a JoWo used by F-C)? I fear these nibs will feel worse than a Lamy 2000 as in writing angle/sweet spot.

#25 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2015 - 14:06

How is the writing angle of this nib compared to a regular medium nib (like a JoWo used by F-C)? I fear these nibs will feel worse than a Lamy 2000 as in writing angle/sweet spot.

The writing angle is not as critical as the rotation of the nib. Of course, there will be a sweet spot compared to a round medium nib, but compared to many stub nibs that I own (that are supposed to be more "forgiving"), the Masuyama medium italic is not any more temperamental. I preferred the 18k version to the steel. There also is a stub available (see the F-C web site) that does not provide as much line variation as the cursive italic. I don't find it difficult to adapt to these nibs--it becomes second nature after awhile. Again, I urge you to attend a pen show and compare the nibs for yourself. You are almost certain to find one that you like, and the F-C folks are most accommodating in making any necessary adjustments.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#26 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2015 - 14:09

Do you think the model 20 (or F-C pens in general) are air tight enough so ink will not evaporate or dry out the nib in a few weeks capped without use?

I read people complaining about the snap cap, some said it need a hard push to stay closed, do you feel anything different about this cap?

And what about the "recessed" nib? They say the nib is screwed on the section a little deeper than usual, and when bottle filling, ink might be held up there and requires a more careful cleaning after filling.

Thanks

Sometimes I have weeks before I start using my F-C 20 again and then use it for weeks on a row because I ususally have 15 Minimum to 20 Maximum pens inked at a time. They never fail to write from startup! F-C 20 and Pocket66 both.

They are fantastic writing pens and I agree with most here, the best about these pens is that they are not flashy and colorful which I find , really, childish. Fountain Pens should be about raw style and the experience of writing. I cannot justify a gold nib on my retiree budget but the steel nibs are fantastic. I love the 1.5 and they run wet and smooth like silk on paper. Any paper.

Enjoy your F-C's .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: franklin-christoph, f-c, marietta, 20

Sponsored Content

|