New Duofold Line With Pics And Prices

freakman

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/frenzyman01/000234hhe5o3mgfwm5335r_zps20uvwxzc.jpg

The new line of Duofold is already in Chinese market last month.

The retail in China is $1500 for the ruthnium model but has a 30% discount.

It's also announced in some of the boutiques in Japan with a MSRP of $900. The same MSRP with Duofold centennial pearl black & white.

From the picture taken in the boutique, the new line still has International models and the coating feels more like PVD not lacquer.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tancred

• VivienR

• Ceelo

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices seem absurdly high but I expect that they will fall in time.

The Prestige ones seem a bit smaller and narrower than the classic types, or is that an illusion?

I'm also not impressed. For those prices and that design, I wonder who Parker is really marketing to?

Buzz

I guess the Middle and Far East countries where new rich customers (more interested in showy items than actual pen users) are quickly developing? I am afraid Parker is following the same paths as Montegrappa or S.T. Dupont with some of the weirdest designs for their flagship pens, together with simply unaffordable prices.

Too bad and what a pity! From the humble fountain pen user´s point of view, I mean.

plumista

I guess the Middle and Far East countries where new rich customers (more interested in showy items than actual pen users) are quickly developing? I am afraid Parker is following the same paths as Montegrappa or S.T. Dupont with some of the weirdest designs for their flagship pens, together with simply unaffordable prices.

Too bad and what a pity! From the humble fountain pen user´s point of view, I mean.

plumista

I can agree with you. I'm a big Parker fan for sure, have (currently) one Duofold (Black and Pearl), its an excellent writer as well look really nice. Thinking about to buy a Lapis Lazuli one, which I like in design, and also find the previous series black was bit bigger hit for me, than this. A fountain pen in recent days are in per se a show of item. Sometimes I think as someone get wealthier, starts to loose the taste of style. Its not only for fountain pens for sure. Feel the same with the new Sonnet line... like the previous releases better...

The chevron patterned pens are not lacquer, by the way. They use the rubbery, synthetic material that is used on the Parker Premier Deluxe.

Well these new designs are certainly in your face aren't they? Luckily I picked up all of the previous historical colours as they were elegant and I thought they were a step in the right direction. Obviously Parker is now focussed on the Chinese market with these IM clones.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Looks like they start making bad copies of chinese pens instead of the other way around. Taste is personal of course. Just doesn't appeal to me.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Well these new designs are certainly in your face aren't they? Luckily I picked up all of the previous historical colours as they were elegant and I thought they were a step in the right direction. Obviously Parker is now focussed on the Chinese market with these IM clones.

I never liked the plasticky Duofolds of late. The ones of the early 90s were a different thing altogether.

I never liked the plasticky Duofolds of late. The ones of the early 90s were a different thing altogether.

Fair enough, different strokes I suppose. The 90s Duofolds are lovely and were offered in such a good variety of nibs. I wish Parker would do that again even with these. I had to jump through hoops recently to get an italic nib via the nib exchange program.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

The smaller ones on the left look like tarted up vectors and the larger ones look to be genetically modified with the genes of Heros (yes I know the history) and cigar bands. Ooh metal. </rant>

How pretty!