Silent Night - Bung Box

visvamitra

Vis thank you for this review!

Can you tell me if you have a sheen with this ink? In one of the photos it looks like a sheen but it's hard to tell.

Thank you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• haruka337

• Tas

• visvamitra

• ca49reber

There is sheen on this ink, but it's not worth getting if that's all one is looking for. Requires a heavy flow pen and/or paper like Tomoe or Onion Skin will bring it out. 4B will sheen more easily, but I prefer Seiya over it.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

a very nice color tone to the ink. i could really see myself using it on daily basis. to me, it looks rather like a bluish dark grey, which how a blue-black ink should look like.

-rudy-

As always, I love your clear, thoughtful and thoroughly unbiased reviews! (Oh, yeah, and I completely agree with you on this one!)

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 1 month later...

I am torn about this ink. It's been on my radar for a while, but having Bung Box Ink of the Witch and 4B has made it possible for me to relegate this to the end of the queue. I might try purchasing it after I have gone through Witch and 4B, but then again, I may just buy another bottle of 4B which is my favorite blue/black right now. Thank you for the review and the honest opinion.

• 10 months later...

In spite of this review, I couldn't resist ordering this ink. I love dark blue inks. But I like reading other peoples' ideas about various colors.

I like this ink, though I would group is more as a grey than a blue-black. It does sheen (to red), but it requires A LOT of ink, on the right paper.

I always mean to fill a pen with it, but 4B ends up in the barrel :unsure:

31316560515_a89cae5904_k.jpg

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

My Silent Night arrived today. Tonight I tried filling one of my pens. It wasn't working until I took that object out of the bottle. Now I have 9 colorful fingers. The color isn't bad on my note pad either.

• 1 year later...

This color is absolutely beautiful. The tones are so subtle in how they are mixed and created.

This ink is a work of art. I've never seen an ink able to evoke the emotion this does. It has such depth, being dark and legible and rich, but with a hint of reservation that draws you in.

It's evocative, no doubt whether it be negative, as is demonstrated by this review, or positive as is my POV, and that is an accomplishment in of itself, however polarizing it may be.

I am always looking for a good black, but black is boring compared to color, and this is where that balance is well harmonized and if your lucky enough to have this be within your preferences, it is very much worth it because:

-The flow is excellent. The lubrication makes for a dreamily velvet feedback.

-It is well behaved, not anemic, and instantly makes you realize this was money well worth spending. The price difference between this and Noodler's is commensurate to the difference between the writing experiences of both and I can say that with all my other inks.

Don't get me wrong, Kung Te-cheng is my favorite color ink, I can't be on the go without Kiwa-guro in my Lamy Vista, Scabiosa is near and dear to my heart, but Bungubox Silent Night is a dream to wake up to.

I bought a bottle from Vanness, and the next day picked up a second. I've never had a writing experience like this up until now.