Karas Kustoms Ink Fountain Pen Day Giveaway

Karas Kustoms

Fountain Pen Day falls on the first Friday of November. Guess what, that's this week! In honor of Fountain Pen Day and due to the fact that we have a few of our Karas Kustoms INKs back from the anodizer, we are giving one of them away. Plus we know everyone loves free stuff. On to the details.

We are giving away Karas Kustoms INK "Arizona Edition", red anodized with a copper section and clipless cap. This pen will be the first INK to leave the shop since we made design changes from the original run. To briefly go over the changes, here we go. We switched from a Schmidt #5 nib to a Bock #6 nib. This allows us to offer EF nibs as well as provide a high quality writing experience. The nib is semi-recessed in the section to give the pen its own aesthetic look and as an homage to some of the early recessed nibbed pens. We added copper and brass to the mix when we expanded from just using those materials on the grip sections to complete barrels and caps, so now you can get an INK that is completely copper to dazzle your friends and family. We changed the inner threads on the section to add some stability (it wasn't necessary but just ensure the section screws in nice and holds the converter in place a little better). Finally we are adding the clipless cap to these pens due to many people expressing a desire for that feature.

Three Runner Up prizes will be awarded randomly and will include Fountain Pen Day bookmarks, buttons and a Karas Kustoms notebook along with a mystery gift for each of the runner ups from our box of random giveaway items

So here's the lowdown on the giveaway. To enter you will need to post a comment below. In the comment tell us your favorite fountain pen, first fountain pen, or why you want to get into fountain pens. All entries will be assigned a number and the random number generator at www.random.org will be utilized to pick a winner. The winner will be chosen on November 9th, at 5pm Arizona time.

We will announce the winners on the blog as well as via the @karaspenco Instagram if you follow us there.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JemC

• s_t_e_v_e

• inkstainedruth

• Bourriquette

My first fountain pen was a Pilot Plumix. At $9 it was as much of a high-roller as I thought a pen was worth. [un]fortunately, I very quickly learned that it would never end. My thrill with the pen was short lived, but it did start my obsession with italic nibs. I managed to get my grandfather re-obsessed with fountain pens as well so that is an added bonus.

First pen: kaweco sport.

Favorite pen: can't decide maybe my peyton street pens Ranga 4cs with inlaid sheaffer nib.

Why: I wrote a lot for my job and liked the ink opinions.

Thanks

Edited by Bold2013

My first fountain pen was a Cross Townsend with my name engraved. It was a gift I gave to myself for a promotion. I got hooked on fountain pens from shopping for that pen. My favorite fountain pen is a Platinum 3776 Century with a broad nib.

Oh, dear, can I even remember my first fountain pen? I think it was a Parker 51 inherited from my mother, but I'm not anywhere near sure. But I can say what my favorite pen is: an Eversharp Doric with a flexible nib. Unfortunately, it's a rather delicate pen, not something I can carry around every day. I suspect an INK would be a lot easier to carry around!

Nice contest and beautiful pen.

My first pen was a Parker 51 which I bought on FPN when I was deployed.

My favorite pen is the Kaweco Sport since fits great in the pocket and writes well.

I'm not sure how I even got into fountain pens. I bought the Parker halfway into my deployment so I didn't even get to use it for another 3-4 months. I even bought some Baoers and Heros to give to the Afghan counterparts at the end of my deployment. I'm pretty sure they didn't appreciate it though. Since then, I've been gifting pens/inks to family, friends, and coworkers to spread the fever and inky fingers.

Happy Fountain Pen Day.

This is a great contest, and I really appreciate the offer.

My first fountain pen was a Pen & Ink | Sketch pen, which I bought in an art store in Savannah, GA. I had been interested in fountain pens for a long time, but I figured that they were way too expensive for me to get into. I was happy to be proven wrong, and extremely surprised when I found one just sitting in a display, waiting for me to take it home.

My favorite fountain pen is Franklin-Christoph Model 02. It's light and comfortable. Using fountain pen allows me to use inks of different colors.

My Fav.Fountain Pen: ASA Swan

My First Pen: Parker Vector Mettalix (Blue)

Why: It sets me back to my childhood times when we used fountain pens (unbranded). Owning and Using a Fountain pen needs lot of care on our side to maintain it in working condition and in this time of gel pens and roller ball pens, it's give you an different identity.

My first fountain pen was a silver Levenger Newton, a pen I love to this day. I paid a whopping $75 for it, which seemed insane at the time. If I knew then what I'd end up spending on pens in the future, I wouldn't've stressed over it. ;)

Thanx for running the giveaway!

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

My first fountain pen was a Lamy Safari ABC which 'they' had me use in school. I did not feel particular about it at such young age. Later though it was replaced by a Safari and I remember hammering that half way through my math book once (#ragequit) and it still worked right after bending it back. Impressive.

These days I'm still not that fond of the Safari though, too many school time memories.

Right now my favourite pen is my Twsbi Vac 700 in F. It's my EDC pocket pen. Such a good product for the price and good looking too.

The INK is great looking too. I followed it when it first came out, but at that time I was not yet into pens that hefty. Instead I still preferred small and thin and pocket-able an mini. However, now I cherish all the sizes.

I think it's pretty cool that you have devised such a simple yet effective and interesting give-away.

My first fountain pen was a Parker Reflex my dad picked up for me after I kept messing around with his old Parkers from the 50s and 60s (several different models). I used that thing until the section broke in half. It's still sitting in a drawer somewhere.

ASU colors! My first fountain pen was a TWSBI 540 with a broad nib. But, my favorite fountain pen would have to be my charcoal Lamy Safari with an incredibly smooth broad nib.

Really nice pen and idea!

My first pen was a Parker 25 with blue plastic parts. It was a present from my father. I was 8 or 9 y.o. back then and I've been using FPs ever since.

My favourite FP... well that's much harder to determine :D Maybe my Aurora 85th anniversary? Or my Pilot 845? A lot has to do with the sentimental value, though.

First pen: An English made green Parker 45 with a fine steel nib. Bought it from a friend in 1999.

Favorite pen: If I had to pick one, it would be a Pelikan M80x. But I do have a set of other pens that I like for certain traits they have, which makes them unique and a pleasure to use.

Why I got into fountain pens: I have been using them since I was 10 and always liked any type of writing instruments because they are well made tools that everyone uses everyday. Fountain pens, for me, are sophisticated tools which make the simple act of writing (which I do everyday) an immensely pleasurable experience.

Nice of you to do this contest. That's a _very_ sharp-looking pen!

My first fountain pen was a Platinum Preppy. Thought I'd take a flier on a $3 pen, just to see what a fountain pen was like. Probably shouldn't have done that, but I'm glad I did! It's been great fun, and I've learned a lot. For example, now I'm learning to keep this crazy obsession under control (sort of...).

My first fountain pen was a cheapie Parker cartridge pen I bought to do journaling with. I think it was a Reflex. It was blue. It had a medium nib. It had a rubberized section that disintegrated after awhile. It got replaced with another one; same thing happened to the section. Then I "upgraded" to a Parker Vector, blue with an F nib. Wasn't sure I'd like the nib until I found out how much further a cartridge went.... I still own that pen. I have better pens (I love my 51s and 61s, and some of the Vacs; and I absolutely love -- and paid a whole lot more for -- some of my Pelicans). But that blue, F-nibbed Vector? It's a little workhorse. I remember when I bought it I paid $9 (which seemed very extravagant) I wasn't sure I'd like the nib -- until I realized how much more writing I got done before having to change cartridges!

I have better pens. I have more ergonomic pens. I have more expensive pens that aren't c/c pens. That little blue Vector, though, is my sentimental favorite. I may eventually prune my pen collection -- but I will never willingly get rid of that pen.....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."