Ranga Model 5 - Group Buy International

mehandiratta

better late than never

sorry I am so late in thanking for this group buy and posting my pen

I chose a mottled brown and I think it was a good choice, the colour and pattern is exacly as I expected

the mottled brown is a warm and dark colour nicely enriched by the golden nib

here for comparison next to another favourite ranga the 3C olive ripple bakul no clip, with a reuthenium plated Jowo nib (looks great with the greyish look of the darker part of the bakul ripple pattern)

both are B nibs and write smooth and wet

the 5 is so big that I doubt I could write with it with a finer size nib...

thank you Ranga!

post-114886-0-92300000-1455138887_thumb.jpg

post-114886-0-52644800-1455139042_thumb.jpg

Edited by sansenri

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• bmillicent

• jjlax10

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

better late than never

sorry I am so late in thanking for this group buy and posting my pen

I chose a mottled brown and I think it was a good choice, the colour and pattern is exacly as I expected

the mottled brown is a warm and dark colour nicely enriched by the golden nib

here for comparison next to another favourite ranga the 3C olive ripple bakul no clip, with a reuthenium plated Jowo nib (looks great with the greyish look of the darker part of the bakul ripple pattern)

both are B nibs and write smooth and wet

the 5 is so big that I doubt I could write with it with a finer size nib...

thank you Ranga!

Dear Mr. Sansenri Sir,

Thanks very much for your nice words and Pictures.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• 1 month later...

what is the section diameter of model 5

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

The model 5 section is slightly larger in all dimensions than the ranga zeal's section, which is in turn slightly larger than ranga duofold's section. The section tapers significantly. From the threads to the end the section is 24mm long, 17mm wide at the thread end tapping down to 13mm (measured by eye using a ruler, probably slightly inaccurate). The section is larger if you include the threaded area of course. I also believe there may be slight differences between pens as they are handmade.

FWIW I find the section comfortable albeit it's slightly larger than perfect for me. I have other pens with larger sections despite this being my longest capped pen.

Thank you so much

The model 5 section is slightly larger in all dimensions than the ranga zeal's section, which is in turn slightly larger than ranga duofold's section. The section tapers significantly. From the threads to the end the section is 24mm long, 17mm wide at the thread end tapping down to 13mm (measured by eye using a ruler, probably slightly inaccurate). The section is larger if you include the threaded area of course. I also believe there may be slight differences between pens as they are handmade.

FWIW I find the section comfortable albeit it's slightly larger than perfect for me. I have other pens with larger sections despite this being my longest capped pen.

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

the grip section in my model 5 is 11 mm at the nib end and 14 mm just below the threads

Still it is slightly too big for my mid sized hand

So although it is a beautiful pen I tend to use it only for brief notes or signatures

Whilst my 4, 3 and 3c models get used much more. The 3c is my favourite, I have two versions of the same olive ebonite, bakul no clip (in the picture in the previous post) and polished with clip and I use them both extensively even for note taking, since the jowo nibs can easily be switched in order to choose the best size for the job...

The 3c has practically no step down from barrel to section and the threads are very smooth, so it is an extremely confortable pen to hold.

The ranga duofold, model 3 is 10 mm to 12 mm at the section

Enrico

Edited by sansenri

are you asking about grip section???

Yup

- Osho

the grip section in my model 5 is 11 mm at the nib end and 14 mm just below the threads

Still it is slightly too big for my mid sized hand

So although it is a beautiful pen I tend to use it only for brief notes or signatures

Whilst my 4, 3 and 3c models get used much more. The 3c is my favourite, I have two versions of the same olive ebonite, bakul no clip (in the picture in the previous post) and polished with clip and I use them both extensively even for note taking, since the jowo nibs can easily be switched in order to choose the best size for the job...

The 3c has practically no step down from barrel to section and the threads are very smooth, so it is an extremely confortable pen to hold.

The ranga duofold, model 3 is 10 mm to 12 mm at the section

Enrico

Thanks

- Osho