Jinhao X450 @ $0.99

J_MM

Got mine today, China -> Australia, about 30 days shipping. Perfect condition pen.

Does anyone have a link to a reputable dealer selling X450 or X750 cheaply with a Fine nib?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyYNWA

• Manalto

• Ink Stained Wretch

• KZ900

Even if you get one for nothing they are worth the effort,JINHAO and BAOER {same manufacturer} have to be one of the most respected Chinese pens EVER so you get the odd one which doesn't write !!! BIG DEAL give it a Flush with a drop of Amonia plus a tiny drop of dishwashing liquid if that doesn't fix it let me know and I will send you one of mine,oneill

Got mine today, China -> Australia, about 30 days shipping. Perfect condition pen.

Does anyone have a link to a reputable dealer selling X450 or X750 cheaply with a Fine nib?

I don't believe they come with F nibs, stock. I hear a lot of people have successfully swapped out the stock ones with Goulet nibs, though (no affiliation).

The Jinhao x450 takes a standard size 6 nib. I have a fine Size 6 JoWo nib from Goulet pens that is happily part of an Ahab, so it was unavailable.

Then I remembered that I got a few extra size 6 fine Wality nibs with Ranga Duofold. Onto the x450 it went and it works perfectly.

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

I don't think I will ever receive the pen I bought... :(

It's been more than 6 weeks now...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Thanks for posting this. My experience was a little strange in the ordering process. I tried to buy a pen from a seller that I've never bought from before and got the red message that I must wait ten days to buy again - when there was no again. So I chose another seller and, since it had a "Make Offer" option, just for giggles put in 74 cents. This was not accepted; the message read, "Please enter an amount of $.99 or more [emphasis mine] Apparently, they won't protest if you want to pay more than the asking price! As others have experienced, this seller also will sell only one at a time.

Selling goods for less than the cost of shipping them is an economic model I simply don't understand. Unless these vendors are selling at a loss to collect our financial information for future criminal use, it seems unsustainable.

Edited by Manalto

James

Thanks for posting this. My experience was a little strange in the ordering process. I tried to buy a pen from a seller that I've never bought from before and got the red message that I must wait ten days to buy again - when there was no again. So I chose another seller and, since it had a "Make Offer" option, just for giggles put in 74 cents. This was not accepted; the message read, "Please enter an amount of $.99 or more [emphasis mine] Apparently, they won't protest if you want to pay more than the asking price! As others have experienced, this seller also will sell only one at a time.

Selling goods for less than the cost of shipping them is an economic model I simply don't understand. Unless these vendors are selling at a loss to collect our financial information for future criminal use, it seems unsustainable.

You probably have entered a quantity higher than 1 pce. You are only allowed to purchase 1 pen/10 days.

YNWA - JFT97

You are not alone, if that's any comfort! I ordered mine late November and am still waiting. Shipping from China to Canada seems to have slowed down during the last few months. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.

You are not alone, if that's any comfort! I ordered mine late November and am still waiting. Shipping from China to Canada seems to have slowed down during the last few months. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.

Maybe I should ask one of my colleagues in China to buy some pens for me and send with the internal mail... ;) It usually just takes a couple of days.

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

6 weeks is quite a while though the first one I ordered took some 5 weeks to get to the UK. I have some 10 or so X750s & X450s that I've ordered either singly or in pairs. All havearrived eventually, most taking between 2 - 4 weeks. It is certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that yours has got lost or waylaid enroute but at .99 cents it's annoying but not the end of the world.

My last couple of X450s arrived wth the envelope torn but the contents intact.

6 weeks is quite a while though the first one I ordered took some 5 weeks to get to the UK. I have some 10 or so X750s & X450s that I've ordered either singly or in pairs. All havearrived eventually, most taking between 2 - 4 weeks. It is certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility that yours has got lost or waylaid enroute but at .99 cents it's annoying but not the end of the world.

My last couple of X450s arrived wth the envelope torn but the contents intact.

Yes, it's first and foremost annoying. I don't care about the money.

I just think that if you promise to deliver an item between 10th and 31st of December, the delivery should not still be pending by 7th of January.

Let's see if the second pen I ordered will arrive between 14th of January and 3rd of February, as promised... Maybe it will arrive before the first pen...

YNWA - JFT97

I haven't received mine yet either, order placed Nov 22. I submitted a claim and ordered another. :lol:

Mine came today. 8 days after ordering (including New Year's Day and weekend, etc.) Very smooth writer. Excellent purchase.

Couldn't get it to suck up ink via feed using a very small ink sample (~1.5 ml) but poured the tiny bit of ink into the vial cap and sucked it into the converter directly. Worked like a charm.

Just got my 2nd one in the mail. I gave the first one to my brother and asked him what he thought was a fair price. He said $50. He could not believe it was .99 cents. Best 99 cent pen ever. I ordered another today. Parker Quink works great in it.

A rule of thumb: Have high expectations of yourself and you're likely to excel; have low expectations of others and you may be pleasantly surprised.

I just ordered my 450 last week. I'm hoping I can take it with me on summer vacation - if it ever shows up.

James