The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Where Can I Buy Jinhao Pens In Mumbai?

jinhao jinhaox750 mumbai fountainpenshops fountainpens inks fountainpenlovers chinesepens jinhaox450 fountainpensindia

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AmeyaG

AmeyaG

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 14:58

Hello,

I am new to the world of fountain pens. I've recently bought a couple of Jinhao X750 pens. Those two were the last ones in stock. I'd like to add some more to my collection but not able to find any shop selling them. I've checked online as well. Online shops sell them at a much higher price (At a retailer a x750 costs around 250/- but online shops sell them for around 600-1200/- each). Does anybody know shops in mumbai which sell Jinhao pens? 

Edited by AmeyaG, 27 October 2015 - 15:02.

Sponsored Content

#2 s_t_e_v_e

s_t_e_v_e

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 15:30

Why not buy on eBay directly from China? Many sellers are selling those at very low prices and shipping is also free in many cases.

Yes, you will have to wait a bit but if time is not an issue, eBay would be your best bet, cost-wise.

#3 amarjit

amarjit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 15:41

Why not buy on eBay directly from China? Many sellers are selling those at very low prices and shipping is also free in many cases.

Yes, you will have to wait a bit but if time is not an issue, eBay would be your best bet, cost-wise.

Agree with you completelty.

I had bought from asapen.in they have stock of jinhao. I recently started buying from ebay.com and aliexpress. The delivery period is more than 40 days but you can get cheap pens at a fraction of costs. Recently got my x450 at around ₹62/- in a month and hero 616 at ₹64 from ebay.com

Edited by amarjit, 27 October 2015 - 15:42.

#4 AmeyaG

AmeyaG

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 15:44

Thank you! I shall try ebay.  :)

#5 AmeyaG

AmeyaG

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 15:45

Agree with you completelty.

I had bought from asapen.in they have stock of jinhao. I recently started buying from ebay.com and aliexpress. The delivery period is more than 40 days but you can get cheap pens at a fraction of costs. Recently got my x450 at around ₹62/- in a month and hero 616 at ₹64 from ebay.com

#6 subbu68

subbu68

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 16:27

I've checked online as well. Online shops sell them at a much higher price (At a retailer a x750 costs around 250/- but online shops sell them for around 600-1200/- each). Does anybody know shops in mumbai which sell Jinhao pens? 

True. Online shops in India are selling at very high prices as if these are some luxury pens. Hero ink that is sold for about Rs.35 equivalent in UAE is sold for Rs.350!!! You can pay a little more to get Lamy ink!!!

Jinhao pens I got for Rs.110 to 120 in Kerala are seen being sold at Rs.750 to 1000!!! RIP OFF...

#7 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2015 - 20:55

Look to Ebay for the Jinhao x450 fountain pen.  "Buy It Now"  for 99 ¢ , with free shipping, from China.  There may be quantity restrictions.  I estimate 99¢ to be 65 IR (?)  I like the x450 better than the x750.  

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#8 deepak23

deepak23

Sittin-on-a-gate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:07

Local prices of Chinese Pens are lower than ebay, though all models may not be available. Jinhao 159, 599 are easily available. In Mumbai a visit to Flora fountain or Crawford Market will sate your requirement. IIRC, hari317 had posted about pwn shops in Mumbai. A search here should throw up that thread.

A lifelong FP user...

#9 shanbo

shanbo

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:21

you will get it in Crawford market. I have bought two from Bombay Fountain pen Depot.   

Hari317 has done a wonderful photo walking tour/review of the place. It was really easy to find the shops  

Link to his review 

You have to also be lucky that the pen you are looking for is also in stock. a few months ago he has quiet a few Jinhaos.

#10 Sudhir-ThePenPerson

Sudhir-ThePenPerson

The soft scratch of a Fountain Pen on Paper

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2015 - 18:28

Hello Ameya

Chinese pens are available at pretty reasonable prices in Mumbai if you know where to look.

If you are willing to travel up to town (flora fountain or thereabouts), then I will be happy to recommend a couple of sources.

Please send me a PM (personal message) in case you are interested.

Cheers

Sudhir 

Fountain pen geek, bibliophile, aspiring audiophile.

Love Single Malt, Coffee, Beer.

Corporate slave by day.

Pursuing Inner Peace.

Slytherin, INTJ.

Follow me on Instagram @thepenperson

Follow me on Twitter @thepenperson

#11 misquitas

misquitas

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2015 - 16:29

I recently purchased 3 Jinhao 599A pens (Orange, White and Red) from Ebay.in for about Rs 270, which makes them Rs 90 apiece. They were originally priced at Rs 300, but I had a 10% discount.

One such Ebay seller is here

These Jinhao 599A pens are very affordable and they write beautifully for the price. I have kept two of them and have handed over one Jinhao 599A pen to a colleague.

Regards.

Edited by misquitas, 23 November 2015 - 16:33.

#12 soham parkhi

soham parkhi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:10

I can provide you with Jinhao pens if incase you dont get these...Jinhao pens can be bought on streets in mumbai..many pen stalls are available between CST and Flora fountain

#13 ARoy

ARoy

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2016 - 22:35

www.pensindia.com

Best wishes...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jinhao, jinhaox750, mumbai, fountainpenshops, fountainpens, inks, fountainpenlovers, chinesepens, jinhaox450, fountainpensindia

Sponsored Content

|