The Matador Thread

christof

kawuska,

Thank you (and Tom too) for that wonderful image of 'Der Papierhandler'

Parcival,

It is good you uploaded those pages as a .pdf Thanks !

(When I translated the Marshall book in Spanish I insisted he included Matador, since in Spain there is a great interest for this brand, probably due to the use of a Spanish word [Matador / Toreador = Bullfighter] in the Spanish forum there are often threads related to Matador and I often quote all of you guys from this thread and invite them to participate here, at least three have done it).

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kawuska

• Azuniga

• christof

• Parcival

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also found that manual and there's one thing that may be interesting: Marshall claims there have been 56 different models in 1939 catalog.Where's that catalog?? ;)

I also found that manual and there's one thing that may be interesting: Marshall claims there have been 56 different models in 1939 catalog.Where's that catalog?? ;)

I believe someone told him that, but anyway, it is good you mention it I will see him in Barcelona early March and i will ask him... we are many wishing to find a Matador catalogue... at least a .pdf

• 2 weeks later...

At Los Angeles pen show I found this curious Matador I have not heard about before, it is like a Parker Duofold.

142 mm closed and 132 without the cap, a large pen.

The clip imprint is Matador, PBF, and it is numbered 914 on the barrel it is printed Ideal gold ant the nib is Ideal 4 1st quality 14 Car

Do any of you have more information?

fpn_1519338352__iga.jpg

fpn_1519338378__igb.jpg

fpn_1519338401__igc.jpg

fpn_1519338435__igd.jpg

It was long without puzzle from Siebert&Lowen so here's another ;)

I have a picture of Duofold Senior Matador lookalike in red somewhere.But "Ideal" ?That's new..

It was long without puzzle from Siebert&Lowen so here's another ;)

I have a picture of Duofold Senior Matador lookalike in red somewhere.But "Ideal" ?That's new..

I have read about Ideal as a sub brand of Astoria but also a Kaweco Ideal... Seen a lot of Ideal nibs, and I have a small Ideal with a wrong nib... Do not know anything about that brand...

Ariel,

I just noticed that on an Siebert&Lowen document offered on ebay, there is Ideal-Gold 911 listed.Document dates back to 1929.

I saw that, thank you !

• 5 weeks later...

When I first saw Azuniga's black pen, my first-glance reaction was 'probably a parts pen...', but when I saw the 914 marking on blind cap, it changed to "Wow - that's neat". Like Kawuska, I'm wondering "where's that catalog?" which will show pictures of various models and perhaps help explain their numbering system and other things. ;^) ... and by the way, nice catch noticing the Ideal-Gold 911 reference on the Siebert & Löwen document.

I couldn't tell if the Orange 934 is also marked Ideal Gold on the barrel; is it?

Hi folks,

I have a few bits of S&L paper, and one of them from 1929 lists an Ideal Gold 912, 913, and 914. I've attached a shot of it.

-Otter1

fpn_1522511446__slmatordersheetsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine got this interesting...Oxford pen.Just and addition to our Matador quest.(I removed some parts of useless background)

post-15114-0-00541100-1523289102_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine got this interesting...Oxford pen.Just and addition to our Matador quest.(I removed some parts of useless background)

I have a pen of the same brand, but it does not look like a manufactured by Matador.

post-33738-0-57329500-1523346482_thumb.jpg

Edited by Parcival

Parcival,

is your pen Oxford or Oxford Everdurable?

Oxford Everdurable, but I guess my pen is from a Danish manufacturer.

Edited by Parcival

I have a Wahl Oxford which is obviously made by Wahl, but among my pens there is one sold to me as a Matador manufactured for the Danish market that now it seems could be accurate.

It is an Oxford and on the barrel it says Everdurable Big (although it is hard to read it) and it has an Acca 3 14 kt nib, and Acca is a Danish pen of course…

It measures 13.2 cm with the cap on.

fpn_1523464054__ox1.jpg

fpn_1523464079__ox2.jpg

fpn_1523464106__ox3.jpg

fpn_1523464130__ox4.jpg

I have a Wahl Oxford which is obviously made by Wahl, but among my pens there is one sold to me as a Matador manufactured for the Danish market that now it seems could be accurate.

It is an Oxford and on the barrel it says Everdurable Big (although it is hard to read it) and it has an Acca 3 14 kt nib, and Acca is a Danish pen of course

]

Hi Ariel

According to T. Neureither, ACCA is a German brand.

...mir ist ein Fall bekannt, bei der der Heidelberger Füllhalterfabrikant Albert Ackenheil in den 20er Jahren seine "ACKE- Füllhhalter" wegen des für Amerikaner kaum aussprechlichen Namens in "ACCA- Pens" übersetzt hat...

quote from German penexchange.de ( https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/viewtopic.php?t=3171 )

C.

Edited by christof