Montblanc Meisterstuck Leather Organizer (A5) Users

Peruvian

Hello,

Perusing around the blog I have noticed there are several people who OWN and USE the Montblanc Leather Organizer (A5 size, or other sizes). My goal is to bring together as many of those people as possible so that we can share ideas, uses, refill page ideas, pens used, pictures and more of our beloved organizers.

I have included a few pictures of my organizer.

If some, if not most of you, are like me then you know you can't live without your organizer; hence the idea was born. In addition, as we have year-end right around the corner (it will be here way faster than we know it) I thought it might be a good time to discuss 2016 calendar page refills.

I hope we can gather quite a few, if not all the Montblanc Leather Organizer users here.

Cheers,

post-122075-0-37789900-1445905675_thumb.jpg

post-122075-0-86143300-1445905690_thumb.jpg

post-122075-0-11537900-1445905709_thumb.jpg

post-122075-0-65588600-1445905729_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john74

• Peruvian

• kernando

• jsolares

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, if you end up not liking the Montblanc paper, the good news is that every paper that fits into the Filofax system also fits the Montblanc organizers; so I suspect there are plenty of good choices out there.

Hello,

Perusing around the blog I have noticed there are several people who OWN and USE the Montblanc Leather Organizer (A5 size, or other sizes). My goal is to bring together as many of those people as possible so that we can share ideas, uses, refill page ideas, pens used, pictures and more of our beloved organizers.

I have included a few pictures of my organizer.

If some, if not most of you, are like me then you know you can't live without your organizer; hence the idea was born. In addition, as we have year-end right around the corner (it will be here way faster than we know it) I thought it might be a good time to discuss 2016 calendar page refills.

I hope we can gather quite a few, if not all the Montblanc Leather Organizer users here.

Cheers,

I have the A5 and A6 or Large an Medium, And lately I seem to be using the A6 a lot more, but I also use them more as notebooks than strictly organizers. I like the paper in the 2015 refills, haven't gotten the 2016 for either, but not so sure i will, I did find a company called Raymay that uses Tomoe River for the blank and lined pages of it's davinci organizers and it's really close in size to the Montblanc paper.

I was thinking about getting the medium organizer to replace my Filofax. Hopefully the paper quality is better than in their notebook.

The medium i believe is the same as Filofax personal size, also seen it as A6 size, I use raymay davinci refills on it, it's Tomoe River paper, haven't tried the current Montblanc refill for it yet but if it's anything like the A5 paper it should be good for FP use, a lot better than filofax paper but no up to rhodia and the like. I have a notebook as well the one that came with the leather really bad paper, got a new refill and it's good. but with the A5 black n' red notebooks I got on offer off amazon and the tomoe river paper on the A6 i don't use it that much. sucks since i really like the leather on it.

The medium i believe is the same as Filofax personal size, also seen it as A6 size, I use raymay davinci refills on it, it's Tomoe River paper, haven't tried the current Montblanc refill for it yet but if it's anything like the A5 paper it should be good for FP use, a lot better than filofax paper but no up to rhodia and the like. I have a notebook as well the one that came with the leather really bad paper, got a new refill and it's good. but with the A5 black n' red notebooks I got on offer off amazon and the tomoe river paper on the A6 i don't use it that much. sucks since i really like the leather on it.

Good to know that I could just transfer the content of my Filofax Personal to the A6 size organizer.

I have been using the Filofax cotton cream paper this year and I found it to be very fountain pen friendly.

Funny that it's mostly Bay Area so far. I have a well used zipper A5, but I wasn't the one who used it. It's my first thing in A5. I had already bought in to Filofax personal and sometimes pocket.

A few years ago, I assumed Filofax cotton cream was better than plain white, and recommended it to someone on FPN. Then someone reported that it was bad for feathering. If it's better now, then it's good to know they fixed something.

A few years ago, I assumed Filofax cotton cream was better than plain white, and recommended it to someone on FPN. Then someone reported that it was bad for feathering. If it's better now, then it's good to know they fixed something.

This is what I get on Filofax cotton cream paper purchased recently:

post-121267-0-19646200-1446049793_thumb.jpg

Having been using the Montblanc A5 refills for the first time this year, I find myself at a serious crossroads for 2016. First, I only use the daily pages for tasks (I draw a square to be checked or "x'ed" over the printed time) and to write important phone conversations' summaries. The agenda itself (appointments) I keep on my iPhone calendar, as it syncs with my laptop, iPad and wife's iPhone (shared calendars only). So the calendar pages are not important for me. The important thing is that the sheets are dated, so I can refer back to them by date if I needed to. Because of this system of mine, I have used the Franklin Covey system for ever (up until last year) because of 1) the monthly tabs, and 2) the "INDEX" feature on those tabs.

The Montblanc refills DO NOT have monthly tabs, so navigating through a year's worth of sheets is a bit cumbersome. They also do not have an efficient method to actually "index" a month's important dates/events (like the Franklin Covey inserts).

I have just ordered a set of monthly tabs by Filofax which I've yet to receive, so I don't know how they are going to fit in the organizer with the Montblanc pages.

Does anyone out there have any refill pages recommendations for the way I use my organizer? Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Sorry to be so late to this forum, I am new to fpn and am also looking for some advice on how to maximize the use of my MB A5 zip organizer. As was already mentioned, it does not come with monthly dividers, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a good quality set that fits in this planner? Also, is anyone using calendars that are formatted differently than the MB and are fp friendly? Id like a calendar that has more than 1 day per page and MB still hasnt put theirs out for 2019. Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Edited by AmoParole