How Do You Carry Your Pens & Notepad Around?

penhaven

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stonezebra

• OCArt

• benji77

• DaveBj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My chiro told me I need to get my wallet out of my back pocket so for me these days it is a small man-bag that holds my wallet, reading glasses, a small Rhodia notebook, and a pelikan 3 pen case with my Lamy 2000, and 2 other fountains pens as takes my fancy that week, but normally my red/black M600 and my M805.

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Depends on how many pens I'm carrying, what I'm wearing, and whether I'm toting my backpack or my briefcase. When I carry only one pen, it's clipped to my shirt pocket or the inside breast pocket of my jacket/coat. More than one pen, I carry one in the aforementioned location and the other(s) in this pen wrap. A4 and A5 notebooks go in my backpack/briefcase. On my person I always carry a 3.5x5.5" something (currently a Fabriano dot notebook) in whichever pocket I think best under the circumstances, mostly depending on whether I'm sitting or walking/standing.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I have a three-pen case that a relative bought for me years ago. I think it came from a company like Levenger, but I don't recall. Anyway, it usually has two or three pens in it. I tuck it into one of the storage pockets in my bag so the pens remain upright. I tuck my leather-covered journal into my bag, and off I go.

Lamy Safari in my jeans pocket, Clairefontaine Life Unplugged notebook in my back left pocket, any other pens I want to keep with me in my briefcase pen pocket.

1950s zip-up leather writing case bought off ebay for under £5, holds pens, A5 pad, cards, envelopes, writing paper, stamps, address book, ruler, mechanical pencil etc etc.

Edited by Stanley Howler

I got an el-cheapo leather (or so it claims to be) case off of Amazon for like $10 for now... However, I'm thinking about eventually upgrading to a Nock pen case of some sort.

May I ask Nock owners if the (Nock) Hightower case will fit a Moleskin (softcover or hardcover) / Leuchtturm 1917 in the note section please? These books are relatively thick, and I was wondering if it would stretch to fit them.

Edited by benji77

This Pilot pen case looks like it would hold a small pad of paper

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/office-japan/item/pilot-pspc-01-dbn/

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/office-japan/cabinet/pilot1/pspc-01-dbn.jpg?_ex=330x330

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

May I ask Nock owners if the (Nock) Hightower case will fit a Moleskin (softcover or hardcover) / Leuchtturm 1917 in the note section please? These books are relatively thick, and I was wondering if it would stretch to fit them.

I have that case and it will comfortably hold 1 or 2 Field Notes size notebooks (3.5 in x 5.5 in) depending on the size of your pens. I'm not sure it would accommodate such fat notebooks and still allow you to carry pens, plus it would pop open unless restrained. It does not come with a closure of any kind.

I have that case and it will comfortably hold 1 or 2 Field Notes size notebooks (3.5 in x 5.5 in) depending on the size of your pens. I'm not sure it would accommodate such fat notebooks and still allow you to carry pens, plus it would pop open unless restrained. It does not come with a closure of any kind.

Thank you.

The Field Notes are nice and thin, which is a good fit in the Nock, but I personally prefer the 1917 as I plan to use record stories during my travel. The tricky part is the thickness of the 1917 & Moleskins. The option of course is for me to simply leave it 'tucked' into the case, and maybe conjure up some sort of clasp for safety.

I just got the Lucky 13 Penvelope from Franklin-Cristoph for my pens I carry back and forth to work. I also use a medium sized journal (from paperforfountainpens.com) and place that inside a leather journal cover that I have had for many years. I use this for all of my notes and work each day.

When I travel, I usually take a two pen leather holder. This fits nicely inside the leather journal cover with journal.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

The notebook goes in the coat pocket usually, the blade in the front pant pocket.12071072_167325483621993_1092845606_n.jp

Regards,

Simar

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

I wear an old ringtop on a modern lanyard - one has to be vigilant - and a Pilot Petit in a pocket, just in case.

I carry a little Metaphys notebook and a small Forest Choice in my pockets - both very FP-friendly. Small and light is the philosophy.

3-pen leather case I bought on ebay. It's a pretty decent one. Either my Montblanc Large Leather Organizer (A5) or a Moleskine large notebook, or a Livescribe journal. Trying to streamline my notebook and not completely sold on either Moleskine or Livescribe. Looking for an alternative.

So, depending on what I carry it's either a Tumi Beale Mini Messenger or a briefcase.

• 11 months later...

I've been using Nock Co. new case, the Sinclair, lately which carries 3 pens, a pocket notebook (I like Nock's notebooks a lot) and a few ink cartridges or sample ink vials. It's a great little case. Very well constructed and very reasonable price.

Shirt pocket, two fountain pens, and two pencils since high school.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

If I only need one or two pens, I carry them in a side pocket inside my purse, tucked in with a little notebook. Anything more, I use my Nock Sinclair.