The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pen Hunting Pays Off

vintage parker estate sale pen hunting duofold challenger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ProfChallenger

ProfChallenger

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 23:44

Found these two at an estate sale last weekend. Super excited to get these working. Both need new sacs, and the imprint on the Duofold Jr. is definitely worn out. But, all in all, a very good day, and both of these were really good deals.

IMG_20151021_162034.jpg

IMG_20151021_162158.jpg

IMG_20151021_162103.jpg

IMG_20151021_162112.jpg

I really wish I could thank my fellow pen hunter at the sale - I wouldn't have gotten the Duofold if it weren't for him, seeing as I'm a vintage pen newbie.

-Prof

Sponsored Content

#2 Bentlink

Bentlink

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2015 - 00:05

Nice! Let us know how they write when you get them inked and running.

#3 ProfChallenger

ProfChallenger

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 00:11

I've actually dipped them both (couldn't wait to see how they are!) The challenger is buttery smooth, and, though I couldn't quite tell because they were dipped, extra wet. The Duofold Jr. was misaligned when I got it, and still needs some work on the nib. Right now it is on the far side of acceptably toothy. A little much for my personal taste. 

#4 PenFisher

PenFisher

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 00:44

Nice find ... have fun! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage, parker, estate sale, pen hunting, duofold, challenger

Sponsored Content

|