The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cartridge Ink Type Shipped With Sailor Profit

sailor profit cartridge ink 21k

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Intellidepth

Intellidepth

Curiouser and curiouser

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:48

Hi, A supplier in Japan shipped me my Sailor Profit 21k fine rhodium with only its usual cartridges instead of adding in the purchased converter (which is now on its way). What type of ink is usually in these cartridges please - non-water resistant or a water resistant nano-type pigment like their blue-black? Their English wasn't too understandable to me when discussing the converter so I didn't want to ask them in case confusion occurred.

I intend to use Iro inks once the converter arrives so didn't want any unusual gunking in the pen if the inks are incompatible and I'd missed cleaning a tiny bit of the cartridge ink out. It's a pen I've wanted for some time so don't want to mess it up.

I usually only use water for cleaning, so if there is a home made pen flush that will do the job of cleaning out Sailor's nano ink I'd be keen to know which recipe here on FPN might be best please (I have it in a dedicated Pilot that is coming up for its first clean anyway).

Thanks.
Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.

Sponsored Content

#2 wijko

wijko

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:09

Intellidepth, this is most probably the Sailor Jentle ink.

In September youblue9 had a similar question on the black ink. (link to that topic: http://www.fountainp...-with-the-pens/ ).

In the end youblue9 bought a bottle of Jentle black ink, but I'm not sure if he allready posted a comparison yet. 

A suggestion made by jeffkoch in the above mentioned topic was to test it with some water on one drop of ink dried on paper. The nano-type ink should be able to stay on the paper, while the Jentle ink will be running.

Hope this helps.

A collector of inks, currently doing my own ink challenge.

IG: mcvanwijk1

#3 Intellidepth

Intellidepth

Curiouser and curiouser

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:30

Hi wijko, thanks for the reply.

Ah, test it. Of course! As a person who loves experimenting with ink I should have thought of that lol. Too funny - ink arriving in a cartridge completely changed my perception about how to play with inks, which for me so far, have come in bottles. Chuckling.
Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, profit, cartridge, ink 21k

Sponsored Content

|