The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sailor Bungbox Shogun Armor Black

sailor bungbox black

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2016 - 13:13

Sailor Nano Kiwa-guru is a micro pigmented ink were as Bungbox Armor is dye based, both provide two entirely different writing experiences.

Where Armor falls within the spectrum of a typical dark black, Kiwa-guru does not. It's a dense, matte, somewhat layered black. While there are nuances to be found within the former, the latter displays more obvious characteristics.

Armor, like most Sailor inks, is a mid-range lubricating ink with good flow. Kiwa-guro is extremely lubricant.  Both provide excellent writing experiences.

Armor is easy to clean out of a pen, but Kiwa-guru can be a pain due to the Nano pigments. Though, I've never had issue cleaning out either ink, I understand I'm in the minority when it comes to Kiwa-guro.

If you want a well rounded, nuanced, saturated black, Bungbox Shogun Armor is the way to go. If you want a highly lubricant ink with layered depth and a matte that dulls it's saturation--some maintenance required--, than Sailor Nano Kiwa-guro is the ink to use.

Thank you for this explanation. Finally makes sense of what I've read.

Sponsored Content

#22 IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:44

I'm late to this party...  Lovely black ink, but I can't see myself giving up Noodler's Heart of Darkness for it. 

I do use Kiwa-Guro just as much, so it's very hard to want to consider a black for this price when I love the rich blackness of my two already preferred black inks...  But if you got the money it definitely is a great ink from what your review says.  You definitely wouldn't be disappointed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, bungbox, black

Sponsored Content

|