Save The Date-Hakase In Amsterdam

rhk

Hakase is one of the most elusive pen companies in the world. Pens are rarely available in the second hand market, and new pens are best ordered by visiting the company in Tottori, Japan. The director of Hakase goes to Tokyo twice a year, to take orders from customers there. Now, Ryo Yamamoto is coming to Amsterdam! We are organising an order event in Amsterdam around 27 and 28 May 2016. Details about this event will be posted here as soon as they are available, for the moment we want to communicate the dates so that you can keep them available.

Bram Voogdt and Ruud Koning

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• rhk

• rpsyed

• penseroso

Very exciting for those near in/near the Netherlands! I hope someone will post pictures of the event. I graduate with my bachelor's degree in May, and more and more, I think a Hakase will be my graduation gift to myself. Thanks for links to the reviews as well. I hadn't seen the first buffalo horn review you listed yet.

This brings back so many memories of my travels to Amsterdam to visit my friend, the late Gustav Leonhardt. I also hope that we may see many photos of the Hakase event.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Well done rhk! This is very exciting news indeed. It is a great feat to get these pens available in Europe. I will keep the data free and look forward to hearing more news... :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Finally we can follow up on our earlier post. Hakase is coming to Europe, this is the very first time they have an order event outside Japan. The Hakase order event is taking place in Amsterdam 27-29 may, the location is a very stylish restaurant in Amsterdam's historical central station (restaurant 1e Klas on platform 2b). This location is very easy to get to: Amsterdam Central Station is on the high speed train links, and it is 17 minutes by train from Schiphol Airport. You can register for a time slot to sit down with the owner of Hakase by contacting him through his website.

Perhaps we'll meet you there.

Bram Voogdt and Ruud Koning

Amazing you are getting this together.

Everyone needs this in their life... truly amazing

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/hakase_zpsfofc79ju.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/Hakase_ends_zpsohuinbst.png

Edited by Earthdawn

• 2 weeks later...

Very many thanks to Bram Voogdt and Ruud Koning for organising this event in Amsterdam (I am assuming they have organised it with Yamamoto-San). I have today booked with Hakase and look forward to the event with great interest. I have also today ordered a large sized flat-top Water Buffalo. Thanks also, especially, to Ruud for his full reviews which have been immensely helpful.

Edited by penseroso

Very many thanks to Bram Voogdt and Ruud Koning for organising this event in Amsterdam (I am assuming they have organised it with Yamamoto-San). I have today booked with Hakase and look forward to the event with great interest. I have also today ordered a large sized flat-top Water Buffalo. Thanks also, especially, to Ruud for his full reviews which have been immensely helpful.

+1 to this, and congratulations on the new pen. Do you have an estimated delivery date?

Thanks da vinci. Nothing yet on a delivery date, but I have only just received an acknowledgement and a Paypal payment request. I will post when I have more information. Yamamoto-San, however, did include this note in his email: "When I meet you in Amsterdam, I want to decide the axial length or weight. I look forward to being able to meet you." This makes the Amsterdam visit all the more fortunate.

Thanks da vinci. Nothing yet on a delivery date, but I have only just received an acknowledgement and a Paypal payment request. I will post when I have more information. Yamamoto-San, however, did include this note in his email: "When I meet you in Amsterdam, I want to decide the axial length or weight. I look forward to being able to meet you." This makes the Amsterdam visit all the more fortunate.

Indeed something to look forward to :)

If you would be interested to meet for a coffee (and I do mean the liquid with caffeine in it, as opposed to other substances I am informed can be purchased in coffee shops :) ) please do drop me a pm so that we can see if the timing of our appointments allow. Always a pleasure to meet fellow fp enthusiasts.

Edited by da vinci