The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Boheme Quit Writing

cartridge boheme

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guitarist

Guitarist

Doodler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:07

I received a pre-owned Boheme today along with a pack of mystery black Montblanc ink cartridges. I popped in a cartridge - making sure it was firmly in there - and nothing. After some contemplation and mild frustration I decide to run the nib under some water. A stream of old blue ink gushes out and after some wiping I put the nib to paper. The ink flow was fantastic and never skipped. At this point the ink was taupe colored and it faded into grey then black. My Boheme wrote beautifully for a whole page of Rhodia, but all of a sudden it refused to cooperate. What was once a generous flow of ink was now a twisted hybrid of skipping and nothingness.

I should note that a similar situation occurred with my 149. The pens write amazingly well for a few hours, then...kaput! What is the source of this problem and how can it be remedied?

Urushiphile

Sponsored Content

#2 Erasmus

Erasmus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:42

Bad mix of inks could have clogged the feed, or there's still a bunch of old dried ink in there. A thorough flush will fix it. Some have used bulb syringes or other homemade devices to push water through the feed without getting it in the mechanism. MB makes a special plastic squeeze thingy just for that purpose.

#3 Cornishmaid

Cornishmaid

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 13:21

My Boheme does the same, it writes for a page, then refuses to start a new sentence. When I finally coax it into inking again it skips terribly. I have had this pen 10 or 11 years but have only just started using it again. I did flush it out as well as I could, but do not have a bulb to flush it out with. I think it is such a beautiful pen but I am so frustrated with it.

Edited by Cornishmaid, 03 May 2017 - 13:22.

Mont Blanc Boheme Noir 2006
Noodlers Ahab

#4 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 15:32

You can get a specific plastic tool designed to flush the Boheme from Montblanc. However it's only used for regular cleaning. It sounds like your pen needs some time with an ultrasonic cleaner.

#5 dubhe

dubhe

Away at Sea

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 21:55

You could try some pen cleaning fluid like J Herbin, it will dissolve any old ink, and you flush it out after 5 mins or so.

#6 Cornishmaid

Cornishmaid

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:18

You can get a specific plastic tool designed to flush the Boheme from Montblanc. However it's only used for regular cleaning. It sounds like your pen needs some time with an ultrasonic cleaner.

Thanks yes I was looking at those on the MB site.
Noodlers Ahab

#7 Cornishmaid

Cornishmaid

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:19

You could try some pen cleaning fluid like J Herbin, it will dissolve any old ink, and you flush it out after 5 mins or so.

Thanks, yes I think I will get some of that and a bulb from MB to flush it out.
Noodlers Ahab

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cartridge, boheme

Sponsored Content

|