The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For "professional" Inks

ink black fountain pen bottle limited professional signature montblanc sailor pelikan

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Mastiff

Mastiff

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:34

Actually I am studying dentistry and will be working on patients soon, so maybe I will have to look more deeply into the ink properties.

Thanks for everyone's help and keep'em coming!

Goodness! First dental colleague that I've come across in FPN!

I am very glad that a young dental colleague is thinking to use FP. Beware though that in patient clinics using FP may be difficult, as it is quite a rough environment. Inks will also have to be fast drying and permanent.

I now have more of a desk job, as an oral pathologist, and this allows me to use FP far more than when I was a general practitioner.

Nice meeting you again.

Sponsored Content

#42 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:55

I second the recommendation for Cult Pens Deep Dark Inks (exclusive to them by Diamine). Additionally you might consider DeAtrementis Deep Water Obsession series. Both series are appropriate in a professional setting and are quite well behaved.

#43 AndyYNWA

AndyYNWA

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 13:07

De Atramentis have their "Business"-line. Should be appropriate inks.

Has anyone tried them?

YNWA     JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

#44 Xozzen

Xozzen

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2015 - 19:50

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Goodness! First dental colleague that I've come across in FPN!

I am very glad that a young dental colleague is thinking to use FP. Beware though that in patient clinics using FP may be difficult, as it is quite a rough environment. Inks will also have to be fast drying and permanent.

I now have more of a desk job, as an oral pathologist, and this allows me to use FP far more than when I was a general practitioner.

Nice meeting you again.

Nice to meet you! I'm just starting my 4th year, so I am starting to work with patients. Maybe some day later in life I will have a desk job aswell, since I am not sure which direction I will be going yet. 

While I may not always be able to write everything with a FP (especially at the clinic), I can still use it some times and especially during lectures and the like. I prefer fast drying anyway, wet ink only gives me dirty hands and smudged papers lol. The only permanent ink I have so far is Mont Blanc Permanent Grey (Meisterstück Ink), so maybe I will have to use that one for some time, but I really like many of the suggestions here.

#45 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,529 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2015 - 23:25

I use Diamine Sherwood Green, but have been thinking about the even darker Green-Black.

Note also that how dark the ink looks on the paper depends on how wet your pen is, and how absorbent the paper is.
- Wetter pens seem to write darker. More ink = more dye. But more ink takes longer for the ink to dry.

- Less absorbent paper seems to dry darker. The ink dries on top of the paper, leaving the dyes on top of the paper, not hidden inside the paper as would be with an absorbent paper. But less absorbent paper takes longer for the ink to dry.

Edited by ac12, 23 October 2015 - 23:25.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#46 FLZapped

FLZapped

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:25

I noticed some Noodler's inks like Kung te Chen and Legal Lapis mentioned. They are nice, but not as dark as the OP is hinting at.

Noodler's standard blue-black is extremely dark and probably should have been called black-blue. The black part is bullet-proof if exposed to water.

Edited by FLZapped, 25 October 2015 - 11:25.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, black, fountain pen, bottle, limited, professional, signature, montblanc, sailor, pelikan

Sponsored Content

|