Original & Antique Ottoman Silver Inkwell Pencase With Sultan Tughra Marks

Claudio

Spectacular and original & antique Ottoman Silver Inkwell Pencase with Sultan TUGHRA marks !!! For SALE $ 2.970,00

WEIGHT: 339 GRAMS

LENGHT: 24,8 CM

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tugra

A tughra (Ottoman Turkish: طغرا‎ tuğrâ) is a calligraphic monogram, seal or signature of a sultan that was affixed to all official documents and correspondence. It was also carved on his seal and stamped on the coins minted during his reign. Very elaborate decorated versions were created for important documents that were also works of art in the tradition of Ottoman illumination, such as the example of Suleiman the Magnificent in the gallery below.

The tughra was designed at the beginning of the sultan's reign and drawn by the court calligrapher or nişancı on written documents. The first tughra belonged to Orhan I (1284–1359), the second ruler of the Ottoman Empire and it evolved until it reached the classical form in the tughra of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent (1494–1566).

Tughras served a purpose similar to the cartouche in ancient Egypt or the Royal Cypher of British monarchs. Every Ottoman sultan had his own individual tughra.

Visual elements of a tughra.

The tughra has a characteristic form, two loops on the left side, three vertical lines in the middle, stacked writing on the bottom and two extensions to the right. Each of these elements has a specific meaning, and together they make up the form that is easily recognizable as a tughra.

The name of the sultan is written out in the bottom section, called a “SERE”. Depending on the period, this name can be as simple as Orhan, son of Osman in the first tughra in 1326. In later periods honorifics and prayers are also added to the name of the tughra holder and his father.

The loops to the left of the tughra are called “BEYZE”, from Arabic meaning egg. Some interpretations of tughra design claim that the beyzes are supposed to symbolize the two seas the sultans held sway over: the outer larger loop signifying the Mediterranean and the inner, smaller loop signifying the Black Sea.

The vertical lines on the top of the tughra are called “TUĞ”, or flagstaff. The three tugs signify independence. The S-shaped lines crossing the tugs are called “ZÜLFE and they, together with the tops of the tugs that also look to the right, signify that the winds blow from the east to the west, the traditional movement of the Ottomans.

The lines to the right of the tughra are called “HANÇER” and signify a sword, symbol of power and might.

Some information

v Payment will only be made by PAYPAL.

v All payments must be made in EURO os US DOLLAR.

v Assicuration is obligatory and its cost is on the buyer.

v Shipping costs are on the buyer.

v This items are shipped from Turin (ITALY) so the shipping cost may vary depending by the destination and the assicuration cost .

v For every info please contact me.

ADAMO CLAUDIO ( Tel. +39 348 6591838 ).

Email: ada56clau@hotmail.com

Recommended insured shipping, regular airmail without insurance under buyer responsability.

Please Look all the Pictures, are the Best Part of Description, no returns.

Thanks for Watching and Good Luck!

Claudio

post-120054-0-12106100-1444843480.jpg

post-120054-0-02321100-1444843509_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-83605300-1444843517_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-84689000-1444843531_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-42177400-1444843647_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-18539900-1444843667_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-34109500-1444843685_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-50187900-1444843697_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-79655500-1444843707_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-38357600-1444843719_thumb.jpg

post-120054-0-39439400-1444843730_thumb.jpg

I can't change the direction of the wind but i can adjust the sailings so i can reach my destination.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Claudio

• praxim

• FarmBoy

• Raif79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice. Free shipping ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

It free shipping.

Thanks for your interest.

CLAUDIO.

I can't change the direction of the wind but i can adjust the sailings so i can reach my destination.

• 1 month later...

Claudio,

Is this pen part of the collection you have for sale?

FB

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

• 2 weeks later...

Claudio,

Is this pen part of the collection you have for sale?

FB

Same question - slightly different words: Claudio, will you sell this item alone or only as part of your "Collection" that you have listed in the FPN Classifieds area?

This thread popped up in new content for me today. As you can see, I was the last person posting here, five days ago (my time) in mid-afternoon. The new content page marks me as having posted yesterday at seven minutes to midnight, a time I was most definintely asleep, and in any event four days after the last actual post by me.

Why does this happen, and to Claudio's threads alone? It appears the thread is being 'touched' to update its internal date modified with no new content. Is this a right diamond members have? If so, then we know the capability has been abused in both of Claudio's threads, and I propose this thread be locked to prevent it

X

I've noticed this happening as well. I had assumed that someone did post at seven minutes to midnight, but the mods deleted/hid the post. In that case, the date modified would not change, but the most recent poster would revert to the author of the last non-deleted post.

bayesianprior.png

Perhaps it was a "special feature" designed so his referring comment, "I have pictures of every pen.......," would not have to be re-entered by him, but were designed to "roll over, & repeat, after so many days?" It has always mystified me; as you comment, "it only seems to happen in this single thread."

I think Diamond members may be able to refresh their original content, and it brings their post back to the top of the list. It makes it look like there's a new comment, but that's not the case...

Edited by Jamerelbe

• 1 month later...

It free shipping.

Thanks for your interest.

CLAUDIO.

• 2 years later...

Member hasn't posted since 2016. Topic no longer relevant.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!