Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Dillo

• southpaw

• Psyktek

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm laughing with you, not at you. ;)

I'm reminded of the times I have, for some reason I still don't quite get, turned the piston on one of my Pels as if it was a twist-action BP.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hi KCat, Ron,

Did something similar the other day. Thought I had emptied it, didn't think it through, and almost emptied the whole pen on my desk. And that was with a piston filler too :D.

Always good for a chuckle and a laugh :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Lke a gun, NEVER assume a pen is empty when you pull the lever!! 

Nicely worded. Thanks for the laugh. Any chance of posting pics of the aftermath? . . . . . . didn't think so, but had to ask.

I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Sure you are . . . just like the rest of us ;)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Sure you are . . . just like the rest of us ;)

sssshhh...

he'll never know... :D

I guess now would be an appropriate time for me to confess -

Wednesday I decided I should test a new batch of shellac - make sure I had the right consistency. I dipped a foam brush in it ('cause they're cheap and throw away and I'm not doing a fancy project). But I dipped the brush too deep and decided to try to squeeze some of the excess out of it by pressing it up against the side of the container.

Too much pressure, brush slips upward, shellac spattered all over me, the vanity top, the wall and the tile floor. my arm was quite literally drenched in the stuff.

fortunately, it cleans up easily with solvent. but not on painted walls. :(

i'll have to touch up the paint job I just finished in that bathroom.

I am waiting for a better day to do the project.

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Oooops. I wince in sympathetic ink-covered memory.

Let me just observe that those highly saturated green inks, such as Private Reserve Sherwood Green, leave quite a mark in your memory. And your clothes, and your skin...

I guess that's the advantage of being a very careful newbie - haven't had an accident with ink . . . YET! I'm sure it's inevitable, and when it happens, I'LL NEVER TELL!!!! (Insert manical laugh here.) :D :lol:

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Oooops. I wince in sympathetic ink-covered memory.

Let me just observe that those highly saturated green inks, such as Private Reserve Sherwood Green, leave quite a mark in your memory. And your clothes, and your skin...

i still find occasional spots of Blue Suede or Penman Emerald on carpet around the house.

and i dropped a pen filled with Havana on my comforter the other day...

fortunately it's an old comforter.

I filled a pen with Havana - and somehow came away with purple and blue ink on my hands... guess there's some on the Havana bottle. but how did it get there?

I gave up on being neat with ink a long time ago.

KCat

When it comes to pen filling time, I've decided that old clothes, disposable vinyl gloves, and deeply sleeping cats are essential to a successful completion of the job.

The first two conditions are easily taken care of. The third....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

George

Pelikan Convert and User

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The most problems I had was spilling a bottle of Koh-i-noor black stylographical ink on my old shirt and splashing inky water everywhere.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

When it comes to pen filling time, I've decided that old clothes, disposable vinyl gloves, and deeply sleeping cats are essential to a successful completion of the job.

The first two conditions are easily taken care of. The third....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

heh... i really am seriously considering getting the FPN apron. easier to carry the phone, pens, glasses...

and still protect myself from ink stains while working on pens.

i've never seen a cat sleep so deeply that they don't know when you're doing a task they love to interupt

KCat

Hi,

The most problems I had was spilling a bottle of Koh-i-noor black stylographical ink on my old shirt and splashing inky water everywhere.

Dillon

you're still young...

wait until you start to lose your near vision - somewhere in your 40s. :)

KCat

Hi,

Next problem... One day, I was filling a small bottle with ink on the table. Next thing I know is that someone bumps into the table. Ink splashes everywhere. :P

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

My recent trip to Long Beach - carried a first-year Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinal in the pocket of a really nice, loose-weave hemp-linin blend shirt when we went down to Disneyland. My 3-year old son is going through a little stage right now where he always wants mom to carry him, and she is setting some limits, so I have been doing a fair amount of trying to carry a rather challenging little squirming fellow.

We get out of the Alice in Wonderland ride, and somehow I notice something purple on my hand. . . coming from my pocket. . . oh no. . .

The pen had come uncapped, and dropped down into the pocket. The nib had, of course, come in contact with the cloth of the shirt, and capillary action did what it does best. And I had not packed any Amodex with me.

Johnny Appleseed.

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Hi,

Luckily, you did not lose it. I lost my Pentel Techniclick and never had one ever since. I got a Staedtler Mars Micro pencil which is my favorite to this day.

Dillon

Dillon