New Australian Made Fountain Pens Available For Review

JustWrite Pen Company

My prototype pen has arrived - it's a reasonably hefty pen, but I'm pretty impressed with the way it looks and the way it writes. Will reserve all other comments, positive or negative, till I've given it a good test run - but many thanks to Kevin from JustWrite for the opportunity to try it out!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustWrite Pen Company

• mehandiratta

• dcwaites

• Cyber6

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone who didn't get a pen to test and put their hand up for some ink samples - they are all packed up and ready to go out in tomorrow's post.

They include one 6ml sample of each of the following from our Colours of Australia series: Barrier Reef Blue, Sydney Harbour Blue, Uluru Red, Black Stump Black and Daintree Green.

I hope you enjoy the ink samples !

Kevin Watson
Blackstone Ink :: JustWrite Pen Company, Australia
Website: www.justwrite.com.au www.blackstone.inkEmail: info@justwrite.com.au

Well I have recieved the pen two days back.. It was part of my fountain pen day wishes that I wrote...

I will be reviewing this on Saturday...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

For everyone who didn't get a pen to test and put their hand up for some ink samples - they are all packed up and ready to go out in tomorrow's post.

They include one 6ml sample of each of the following from our Colours of Australia series: Barrier Reef Blue, Sydney Harbour Blue, Uluru Red, Black Stump Black and Daintree Green.

I hope you enjoy the ink samples !

How about ink samples also for review... Even though I am reviewing pen

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Review Posted here

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

How about ink samples also for review... Even though I am reviewing pen

Sure, I'll send them today. If any other pen reviewers would like some ink samples for review, please let me know.

Kevin Watson

Sure, I'll send them today. If any other pen reviewers would like some ink samples for review, please let me know.

Already ordered my full bottles - pleased to have them arrive today!

Now, to work out what pens to trial them in...

Kevin,

Received the full set of bottle inks I recently purchased from you, a couple days ago. They are just fantastic inks!! Beautifully saturated colors and very well behaved. I couldn't be more pleased. Hope to buy the black leather Axiom when it becomes available. Just Write has hit one out of the park (as we say in USA) with these pens and inks. Props to you!

Mary

I've received aamples of the inks. They're rather nice and heavily saturated. One (BRB) has some flow issues, but I need to play with them more to write something reasonable.

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/3973/1AxQE2.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/8074/JSQXQ3.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/5940/JGZmUD.jpg

It is very possible that some changes may be made following the reviews. But the Axiom was always destined to be a heavy pen and it's not likely we'll be changing the weight drastically.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with a heavy pen. Some people, e.g. those with large hands, prefer that. I am one: my favourite pens, and ones that I used regularly, are all high-end Italian pens that weight 60+ grams. This is the one I have inked right now (70+ gm): http://www.nibs.com/omas-arte-italiana-sterling-silver-limited-edition-vermeil.htm

One can have a range of heavy pens and a range of light pens, or one can have either and have people go elsewhere for the other.

Some of the people at my work who tried the Axiom were not put off by the weight, just the balance. As I said in my review (linky above) lightening the barrel finial would fix that, just as those of us who have Kaigelu 316s and replaced the metal finial with one of richardandtracy's acrylic one have found.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

• 1 month later...

Three reviews are now in and links are below.

cyber6 - Canada ...coming soon.

MikeW - Canada... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/300613-a-review-of-a-blackstone-axiom-model-fountain-pen-prototype/

dcwaites - Australia... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/299814-blackstone-axion-prototype/

jamerelbe - Australia ...coming soon.

mehandiratta - India... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/302314-pen-review-blackstone-axiom/

TradArch - United States

Edited by JustWrite Pen Company

Kevin Watson

• 4 weeks later...