New Australian Made Fountain Pens Available For Review

JustWrite Pen Company

INVITATIONS CLOSED

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to review our new pens.

We have more than enough volunteers so I'm afraid the invitations are now closed.

(UPDATED 15.10.2015)

Do you enjoy testing and reviewing fountain pens? We have five prototype Blackstone fountain pens available for testing and we would value feedback from the FPN community on the progress so far.

We will send these anywhere in the world free of charge to members of the FPN and in return for your review, the pen and nibs are yours to keep.
All we ask is a review that follows the FPN pen review guidelines.
The pens feature #6 JoWo nibs and will be available in EF, F, M, B, 1.1 Italic and 1.5 Italic.
Complete screw in nib assemblies will be available which will allow you to quickly and easily change or replace nibs.
They should retail for about $100 Australian or $73 US Dollars.
Complete nib assemblies should retail for about $25 Australian or $20 US Dollars.
The prototypes are available in Black PU Leather or Black Carbon Fibre finish with Gold, Silver or Titanium trim.
If you're interested please email me at kevin@justwrite.com.au and let me know your preference for the pen finish and trim, and two nibs that you would like to try - so you can review how the screw in nib assemblies work.
Information about the pens:
These pens are assembled in Australia using globally sourced components.
The pens will have a 2 year warranty.
A complete range of replacement parts will be available.
The cap is not meant to be posted.
The details below may change based on reviewers feedback.
Length Capped: 140mm
Length Uncapped: 125mm
Weight Capped: 50g
Weight Uncapped: 30g
Materials:
Brass inner tube in barrel and cap.
Solid brass finial and barrel blind cap.
Plated steel pocket clip.
ABS plastic hand grip.
Finishes:
Black Carbon Fibre or Black PU Leather.
Trim Plating: Gold, Silver or Black Titanium.
Nibs:
#6 Ruthenium Plated Jowo from Meister Nibs:
EF, F, M, B, 1.1 Italic, 1.5 Italic.
Ink Filler:
Supplied with convertor.
Accepts Standard International Cartridges.
Replacement Nib Units:
Complete screw in nib assemblies will be available fitted with the Jowo Nibs listed above. To change nibs, simply replace the screw in nib assembly.
Nibs can also be replaced by removing the nib and feeder.
post-18968-0-57089200-1444540660_thumb.jpg
post-18968-0-82682700-1444540764_thumb.jpg
post-18968-0-54083000-1444540806_thumb.jpg
post-18968-0-60893900-1444540848_thumb.jpg
post-18968-0-42787700-1444540865_thumb.jpg
Edited by JustWrite Pen Company

Kevin Watson
Blackstone Ink :: JustWrite Pen Company, Australia
Website: www.justwrite.com.au www.blackstone.inkEmail: info@justwrite.com.au

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustWrite Pen Company

• mehandiratta

• dcwaites

• visvamitra

My e-mail is also out to you...

I forgot to add my SECOND nib choice: Fine

Please add that to my preference listed....

Many Thanks!!

Email sent!

Thanks for the awesome opportunity for us to review the pens! :D

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Email sent I am a local and would love to review the pens

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Email sent.

Regards,

David

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Shame it's a brass bodied pen. That makes it too much like those heavyweight Chinese pens. I don't get on with them, or indeed any of the weightier pens made. Any chance that element could change, following reviews?

Verba volant, scripta manent

Very nice looking pens. I advise contacting Ed Jelley, Brad Dowdy, Mike Dudek, SBRE Brown, Dan Smith as some good people to get your pens to.

I've got as many pens as I can use at the moment, so I'll leave the testing to others, but I just wanted to say how great it is to see Australian entries into the fountain pen market! I hope your latest venture is a success.

It's quite nice out here in the sunshine...

Thank you so much everyone who has volunteered to review our pens.

I'm afraid we cannot accept any more offers because we have more than enough reviewers and it's going to be difficult to choose.

I will choose the reviewers over the weekend and email everyone who so kindly responded to this invitation to let you know if you will be getting a pen or not.

If you don't get one this time we have more pens on the drawing board that we will also make available for review.

Kevin Watson

The reviewers are:

cyber6 - Canada

MikeW - Canada

dcwaites - Australia

jamerelbe - Australia

mehandiratta - India

TradArch - United States

The keenly observant will note there are actually six names there. I decided to give an extra pen away to make the job of deciding a tiny bit easier.

Once again thank you so much everyone who offered their time to review the pens.

Kevin Watson

The reviewers are:

cyber6 - Canada

MikeW - Canada

dcwaites - Australia

jamerelbe - Australia

mehandiratta - India

TradArch - United States

The keenly observant will note there are actually six names there. I decided to give an extra pen away to make the job of deciding a tiny bit easier.

Once again thank you so much everyone who offered their time to review the pens.

Your choice of mehandiratta from India is indeed right, i have read lot of his reviews and mostly are very good reviews

I await with bated breath and eager anticipation ...

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching