In Need Of A Good Pen That Uses Gel Ink.

A7XavengedA7X

I currently have the cross tech3 and a cross century ballpoint pen. However, for these there is no way to use a gel ink unless you modify your pen, which Im unwilling to do. Therefore, what is a good pen (rollerball or gel pen) that uses gel ink. (would be nice if it could take parker refills too) Also, what gel ink do you guys like the best? (budget: right around a hundred dollars)

;

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank_ie

• A7XavengedA7X

• usk15

• ink-syringe

KarasKustom Retrakt can take all kind of refill: gel or Parker ballpoint.

Pilot G2 Lmited

Pentel Energel Aloy RT

Lamy Typo

Here is a review: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/242008-pilot-g2-limited/

And some pictures:

14793087837_d6f6dae3e0_c.jpg

19979303153_12526901f4_c.jpg

My fav now is Pentel Energel and their refills, seconded by Retrakt for versatility.

sweet, what gel refills do you find to be the best/smoothest?

Pentel EnerGel Refills

Schneider Topball 850 Rollerball Refills

uni-ball Gel Refills

• 2 months later...

You might try the Cross "Click"...see: http://www.cross.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?Terms=click

This new Cross pens is similar to Century I in styling...albeit a tiny bit thicker, 8.25mm v. 7.5mm, and you could hardly feel the difference. It uses standard Cross Gel Refill widely available everywhere.

[G2 and Parker Refills won't fit--I suspect it's that little bit of "necking down" of the inner barrel that prevents those refills from fitting through...might try flair'ing it out a little later as an experiment.]

The retail price of the new pen is very reasonable...with the well-proven mental work quality of Cross. Initial experience using my new Cross "Click" is good. The black ink is "intense", on par with Pental Energel. I do not have a lot of experience using Cross Gel refills...but had little reason to doubt its longer term performance.

Any Lamy Rollerball. They all use the same refill, M63, its pretty nice.

I own a Lamy Studio Palladium Rollerball. Click here.

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

KarasKustoms Render K, stick a Pilot High Tec C or whatever in there. Screw on cap means the tip is protected pen won't dry out or pick up lint, etc.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

• 3 weeks later...

The Cross-Click could also be used with Daiso generic 2-pack cheap gel-ink BP pen. The refill is slimmer and fits the Cross barrel after cutting off ~10mm of refill length.

Believe it or not, the Daiso gel refill is purported to be OEM by Pantel...doesn't dry out, smooth writing and cheap. I've been using them either cutting them down to fit Parkers or other pens.

I use Rotring 600 or Parker Jotter with Monteverde gel refills - several colors avail. I like blue/black.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

• 1 month later...

The Cross-Click could also be used with Daiso generic 2-pack cheap gel-ink BP pen. The refill is slimmer and fits the Cross barrel after cutting off ~10mm of refill length.

Believe it or not, the Daiso gel refill is purported to be OEM by Pantel...doesn't dry out, smooth writing and cheap. I've been using them either cutting them down to fit Parkers or other pens.

Where does one find these Daiso pens? I see some on ebay and the refill looks likes its Parker Style.

Daiso is the Japanese equivalent of "Dollar Store"...found in many cities. They sell everything all for 100 yen.

Equivalent but superior in every way. Diaso is kind of amazing. Ands quite bit more than a mere dollar store with overstock and junk. And they don't sell everything for 100 yen but everything is cheap.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

• 2 weeks later...

Cross gel clicks are on sale at FPH (if no one has mentioned here yet). I would buy, but postage and duty eliminate my incentive.

Tactile Turn makes a very good, solid, handsome, functional all metal pen. It takes Parker size G2 refills which come in both Gel and Normal Ball Point made by various brands.

I have the Aluminium Teal Blue "Tactile Turn Shaker" and can recommend it.

Edited by Mangrove Jack

• 3 months later...

It's now been almost 6 months using my Cross "Click" with it's original black gel refil...writes instantly and smoothly, intensely black, doesn't skip, doesn't blob.

Wish Cross would make a Century II "Click" soon...

• 2 months later...

I've been using the Cross Click for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with it. Now if the Bailey came in "click" style I would be even happier.

My favorite gel refill though, is the Paper Mate Gel 1.0 in blue or black. I sometimes use in the pen as is because I like the "click", but usually cut the refill down to fit in my Waterman Expert or Hemisphere rollerballs.