The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Kobe 49 Kitano Olive Green

sailor.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 21:38

QslPHK.jpg

Kobe (神戸市 Kōbe-shi) is the sixth-largest city in Japan and is the capital city of Hyōgo Prefecture. It is located on the southern side of the main island of Honshū, on the north shore of Osaka Bayand about 30 km (19 mi) west of Osaka. With a population around 1.5 million, the city is part of the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe metropolitan area along with Osaka and Kyoto. Its name comes from "kanbe" (神戸), an archaic title for supporters of the city's Ikuta Shrine. Kobe became one of Japan's 17 designated cities in 1956.

Kobe is famous for its shirines and nioce architecture but among fountain pen and ink afficionados the name Kobe cause increased heart-rate. The city is a home of Nagasawa-Kobe stationery shop that offers incredible lione of more than fifty inks made by Sailor.

dtzhVS.jpg

https://kobe-nagasawa.co.jp/

My master - plan is to prepare comparison of full line of Nagasawa-Kobe inks. Not an easy task as they're not the most obtainable inks on the market, but hopefully I'll manage to do it                                              :)

At the moment Nagasawa-Kobe offers 52 inks:

Kitano Olive Green is very cool shade of green. It has some water resistance and it writes smooth.

Ink Splash

61ux7l.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

aDPPAD.jpg

My software tries to define this color this way:

U1O9N7.jpg

FruMdw.jpg

Waterproofness

ij0vBu.jpg

Tomoe River, Kaweco Skyline, BB

hjlZ0a.jpg

1yAY5P.jpg

Leuchtturm1917, Kaweco Skyline, BB

mWKfra.jpg

rQ6pJw.jpg

Cheap notebook, Kaweco Skyline, BB

HODXIG.jpg

gy1lhR.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 21:53

hmmmmmm :ninja:

#3 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 00:54

That's a nice one.

#4 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,756 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:37

It's one of the Kobe's I don't use that often; it lacks something. I much prefer Tokiwa Matsu

Verba volant, scripta manent

#5 blopplop

blopplop

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:34

Thanks for the review.  I have this one too. I like the color, but I like Suzuran Green better.

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

Posted Image

#6 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:22

I find this one a bit too grey for my taste. I don't dislike it, but I wonder why I got a bottle of it in the first place...

#7 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,785 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:22

I'm open to receive bottles but not sure how payment would go about... I got cash not credit :X

#8 Abner C. Kemp

Abner C. Kemp

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2015 - 17:53

Is it just me or does this look like a slightly less grey shade of MB Jonathan Swift?? Doesn't really remind me of olive, I like it though!! 

#9 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,345 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2015 - 19:04

hmmmmmm :ninja:

+1 on that.

On the cream colored paper it reminds me of J Herbin Vert Empire.  But on the white papers it looks more like KWZI IG Green #3 after that's oxidized.

So a definite "maybe...".

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#10 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:08

I ordered a sample of this one alongside a full bottle of #45 Silhouette Green. At first I dismissed it - not really olive, and too blue in the wash (as Tokiwa Matsu, one of my biggest disappointments - blue wash and red sheen, who asked for that in an olive green!), but I kept circling round until I had used up the sample and still not decided - it was certainly a good color for sketching (as long as you were not applying a wash) . . . .
. . . so I plumped for a bottle (not cheap!) with a bottle of Robert Oster Moss alongside to qualify for free shipping . . .
Surprise! This is now my everyday carry writing ink! As a color it's nothing to grab you, but it's a great neutral, not even noticeably green to a passing gaze, and sets off well against almost any other color.
. . . . and it's great for sketching too, with a really good shading range.
Boring inks can be a wonderful things!

Sponsored Content

|