Well Met From Germany!

Xozzen

Hi there!

This is not my first post, but I guess I should introduce myself anyway now!

I'm a student from Germany and in recent months/the recent year became more and more interested in fountain pens!

My collection is fairly small and I am not trying to get a big collection, rather get a few pens which I really really like.

At the moment I am trying to save up for my first "big purchase", probably a 300+ euro pen, but it will be a few months till I get there. When I get there, I will show it though.

Thanks for reading!

PS: How do I change my profile picture?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xozzen

• steelblue

• lapis

• northstar

:W2FPN:

My collection is fairly small and I am not trying to get a big collection, rather get a few pens which I really really like.

That's how it all begins...

What do you study?

Edited by Ursus

Hi and greetings!

To change your profile picture: click "Your Profile" (= your user name) up at the top, to the right, to the left of "Sign Out" and then click My Setiings, then Photo > Change my photo.

Gruß, Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Yea maybe my opinion on the whole collection-issue will change over time...

I'm studying dentistry and currently in my 4th year.

At Mike: Thanks, whenever I try it it says member_profile_disabled though and nothing happens. Are there any restrictions?

Greetings and welcome! I was never going to own more than three and am around twenty now. Oh well.

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

Your profile picture can't be changed for about 7 days after you become a member.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

Your profile picture can't be changed for about 7 days after you become a member.

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for!

Welcome !

Which fountain pen do you currently like best for daily writing ? Which characteristics would you change ? (Merely guiding your thinking to aid in choosing the next pen.) €300 can buy more than one excellent fountain pen. Do you have any in mind ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome !

Which fountain pen do you currently like best for daily writing ? Which characteristics would you change ? (Merely guiding your thinking to aid in choosing the next pen.) €300 can buy more than one excellent fountain pen. Do you have any in mind ?

I found out about myself that I prefer a bit finer lines, for one because I don't use ink-resistant paper so broader nibs tend to feather a bit more, but also I prefer it in general.

My daily writers are a Sheaffer 300 and my newly acquired MB 3-42, and I have a Lamy Safari which I will probably use a lot when it arrives at my doorstep. I remember having one of them when I was younger aswell, but unfortunately it's lost now.

The ones I have in mind for "expensive" ones are the Sailor 9, Marlen le Reve, Sailor Yosegi, Delta Romeo & Juliet Forever and Delta Papuasi or Bribri or Delta Dreidel. I had my sights on the Visconti Salvador Dali aswell, but I find the steel nib combined with general "unreliability" of visconti pens a bit of a stretch for me for what is still a pen so expensive that most people would call me crazy.

On the incredibly expensive side, I love the Montegrappa Muhammad Ali.

Edited by Xozzen

Hi! Welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

I'm really glad you've joined us.

Enjoy!

Best wishes from Japan,

VirtuThe3rd

万年筆研究家

安達功太 [ Kota Adachi ]

Welcome from Missouri!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke