The Pelikan P16 Stola Iii Matte Silver Body/cap Fountain Pen

PenBoutique

The Pelikan P16 Stola III Matte Silver Body/Cap Fountain Pen. Fountain Pen market is filled with the wishers of patronen-füllhalter also known as cartridge/converter pen. Pelikan fulfills your wish with the new Stola series fountain pen. Barrel will either feature a plastic barrel or made from aluminum. Affordable yet novel writing instrument will be the new gem in the world of Fountain Pen. Available in medium size.

http://www.penboutique.com/p-15087-pelikan-p16-stola-iii-matte-silver-bodycap-fountain-pen.aspx

post-23001-0-30410500-1444316876_thumb.jpg

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dickkooty2

• PenBoutique

• Safari_Camo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I've been trying to get this line figured out.

It seems that the Stola l comes in two versions: Roller14 and Kugel14. Both in black.Clip is solid in the shape of a beak. No fountain pen.

Stola ll comes in two versions: Roller 15 and Kugel 15. Both with black barrel and silver cap. Clip is solid as above. No fountain pen. A stylus end seems to be available but I don't know if that is issue or an option.

Stola lll comes in three versions: Roller 16, Kugel 16, and Fullhalter 16. The three in an all silver finish. Same question as above on the stylus end. The clips on the 16s appear to be bent wire in the shape of a beak. This may be the way it looks in the photograph ... it might be a silver insert surrounded by wire. Hmmm. Hello, Herr Pelikan? Hir schprects Herr Lamy ...

The l and ll aren't being offered in the Conus. I just ordered the Roller 14 from Germany because I think it looks great! The two-tones are kind of going Silvexa-ish to me. And I don't care for the all-silver. I do have that nice Ulm design school Signum 540 in brushed stainless with the shiny clip ... a pleasing contrast.

Now if I can get an answer from Monteverde about their Pelikan-type refill and will it work in the R14. They are about half the price!

It's obvious that I know Jack. Will anyone with real knowledge fill out this stub please!

• 2 weeks later...

OK! Just received the Stola R14 RB. Granted, not an FP.

The barrel is brass and a tad too heavy for my taste, like a Chinese pen. The aluminum cap is light to make up for the barrel weight but doesn't quite do it when the pen is posted. I had wanted a rollerball from Pelikan to rotate with my Parker Vectors
I would have preferred to have both the barrel and the cap in matte black. The shiny cap borders on too much for my taste ... not bad, but not what it could be. I realize the closeness to the Safari, were it to be matte.
I have a modest collection of vintage Pelikans from 100 to 500 and Pelikanos 1-6 (I understand the two-tone at this school level) with examples of other Pels just for fun ... GO, Level, the graphic plastics, Ulm-design Signum, and several of the enclosed nibs ala Parker 51.
I guess I had a preconceived idea about this Rollerball, But if you are looking for a good utility RB this may be for you.