Pelican's Classic Series Demonstrators

sargetalon

It's a sunny day here and I had some nice light to snap a picture of my demonstrators. I thought that I would share for those who enjoy demos. This is the near complete line-up of demonstrators ever released in the Classic series. Only two pens are not depicted. On the far right the old-style green M250 demo with logo cap top. It's identical the green demo next to it except for the cap top and is in the mail to me for delivery tomorrow. That leaves the old style M200 clear demo with double cap bands. It looks like the first demo from the left except with two cap bands. It's the last demo I need to complete the series so if anyone knows where I can find one, please PM me.

fpn_1444249923__demonstrators2.jpg

• M150 Bols Blue Demo (1994)
  • M200 Green Demo Old-style
  • M200 Clear Demo Old-style single cap band variant (? M481)
  • MISSING: M200 Clear Demo Old-style double cap band variant
  • M201 Clear Demo (2000)
  • M200 Clear Demo (2012)
  • M200 Green Demo
  • M200 Red Demo
  • M200 Blue Demo
  • M200 Antracite Demo
  • M200 Amber Demo
  • M200 Cognac Demo (2014)
  • M205 Clear Demo (2005)
  • M205 Light Blue Demo (2009)
  • M205 Neon Yellow DUO (2010)
  • M205 Neon Green DUO (2013)
  • M205 Amethyst (2015)
  • M250 Clear Demo Old-style
  • M250 Green Demo Old-style without logo
  • MISSING: M250 Green Demo Old-style with logo
  • M250 Clear Demo
  • M250 Amber Demo

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• Lam1

• Christopher Godfrey

• londonbooks

Nice collection! Love the Bols and old style green!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Not fond of the gold trims, but I certainly dig the M205s you got there. Especially that blue.

I think Pelikan should consider an orange and/or pink demonstrator as a limited edition or a DUO highlighter.

Beautiful collection, Joshua! You're almost there!! A bit off topic, but I too would jump for joy at an orange demo-- fluorescent orange like the Omas 360 Soleterre would be perfect.

Fantastic collection. It can't be easy to stay focused and on target.

I'm looking forward to see a picture of it when you heave them all, and hopefully soon.

Good luck getting the last ones.

Hello,

Very nice collection, and best of luck with finding the remaining pens.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Great collection! I really like the green (non-neon) demo's .

I hope you will be able to complete your collection.

Regards,

Rob

rowingbiker

Paterswolde, The Netherlands

Oh this is so very beautiful. Made my day.

What a superb flock they are. :wub:

I am sure the missing bird will return to the nest sooner, than later.

Lovely work! Demonstrators aren't really my thing, but I can certainly appreciate the dedication you've put into your collection! Bravo!

Maybe it's my eyes, or the variances over time in the manufacturing process, but is there a remarkable fluctuation in the ink capacity of these pens? Specifically the Green Old Style (#2) vs the Clear Old Style (#3), and the Light Blue Demo (#14) vs the Neon Yellow Duo (#15)?

bayesianprior.png

Thank you all for the kinds words.

Lovely work! Demonstrators aren't really my thing, but I can certainly appreciate the dedication you've put into your collection! Bravo!

Maybe it's my eyes, or the variances over time in the manufacturing process, but is there a remarkable fluctuation in the ink capacity of these pens? Specifically the Green Old Style (#2) vs the Clear Old Style (#3), and the Light Blue Demo (#14) vs the Neon Yellow Duo (#15)?

It may just be a trick of the light. The capacity has not changed and i don't notice a difference when viewed head on.

Here is a bonus for today. I'm partial to the Classic series but that doesn't mean I haven't picked up a Souverän or two along the way.

fpn_1444332221__souverans.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Your quest for the last demo makes brings a wry smile: Years ago I lived way out on the NW tip of the Olympic Peninsula, in Washington State. It rains ther a lot (120 inches/year) so the topography is defined by weater: The Pacific Ocean to the west, the ice and snow of the Olympic montains to the east and connecitng them, many swift flowing rivers, chock full of almon and steelhead through much of the year. With not a lot else to do I was a big time fisherman. I can remember standing on the banks or dtrrfitig down tose rivers for hours at a time during winter hinking "there were milions of these fish that left the rivers and went to sea 2 to 4 yers ago, there has to be one in this river with my name on itday. y.

Therer had to be a lo fo those demo pens made,surely there is one out there with your name on it, you just have to keep your hook in the water.

Awesome collection and I believe you have many more to show someday. Pelikans are my favorite brand. I especially like the dark brown & black Souveran. It kind of looks like a root-beer color. Very nice.

I'm a bit curious. When you are looking for the ones that have long been out of production, do you insist in getting them with the original box and papers? Or just the pen is enough?

I would love to one day hear, on the Pelikan's Perch, the story of how you went about hunting down the hard ones.

I'm a bit curious. When you are looking for the ones that have long been out of production, do you insist in getting them with the original box and papers? Or just the pen is enough?

I would love to one day hear, on the Pelikan's Perch, the story of how you went about hunting down the hard ones.

Just the pen. Of course the box and papers are a bonus but you can't write with them and many of these older pens parted from their original packaging decades ago.

Thank you for showing us, Joshua: glorious collection!

Just the pen. Of course the box and papers are a bonus but you can't write with them and many of these older pens parted from their original packaging decades ago.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm just gathering opinions as I try to decide on what (and if) I should focus my incipient collection. But focus is not my forte - which is what makes your collection all the more impressive to me (despite the "one or two" souverans you picked up along the way :lticaptd: ).

Edited by Lam1

Thanks for clarifying. I'm just gathering opinions as I try to decide on what (and if) I should focus my incipient collection. But focus is not my forte - which is what makes your collection all the more impressive to me (despite the "one or two" souverans you picked up along the way :lticaptd: ).

Once upon a time I collected everything under the sun. There was no direction. Focusing on the classic series has been a revelation. Makes my collecting so much more enjoyable and the hunt that much more thrilling.

Thank you for showing us, Joshua: glorious collection!

+1

I actually like the second image a lot, it's perfectly executed.

Edited by Diderot