I Ordered A Visconti Titanium Skeleton

Quynhlii

Thou wallet is crying, but thou heart cannot stop beating.

What should I expect from this pen? I know a lot of people swear by Visconti and others despise the brand.

post-125205-0-07005900-1444152661_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quynhlii

• gerigo

• zaddick

• vorpal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should expect artistry and beauty over quality and precision. So even in a pen that's going to be over a grand, don't expect that the "Visconti" decal on the clip to be precisely applied, not should you expect the nib to be perfectly tuned on the get go. But it's also not terrible in quality like pens from other, shall I say, developing countries. I have over 20 Viscontis, I love all of them because they have such unique designs, and I still plan on acquiring more.

The pen is a beauty, it really is. Yet I want to know if it's justifiable to spend that amount of money on a Visconti when I could go get a gorgeous Mont Blanc for the same price.

But all is well, I do not regret buying it and I hope it meets my expectations in terms of writing when I bought it more for its aesthetic appeal.

The beauty will meet your expectations. Cleaning the pen will get old quickly if you like to change inks. If the nib needs adjustment, do not be surprised. But, one adjusted it will be a good writer.

You get less efficiency but more soul than an MB in my opinion. I have lots of both brands and each has their time and place.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Constantly checking the delivery status is ok, but chasing the delivery truck is discouraged.

The skeleton is a beautiful pen. I enjoyed mine.

You should expect artistry and beauty over quality and precision. So even in a pen that's going to be over a grand, don't expect that the "Visconti" decal on the clip to be precisely applied, not should you expect the nib to be perfectly tuned on the get go. But it's also not terrible in quality like pens from other, shall I say, developing countries. I have over 20 Viscontis, I love all of them because they have such unique designs, and I still plan on acquiring more.

I beg to differ. Visconti is known for QC approximations, but the quality and precison of the work is second to none. Designwise, even if I am not a hudge fan of the brand, it's an amazing work and a lot of small details are so well though and done that it's a marvel.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Constantly checking the delivery status is ok, but chasing the delivery truck is discouraged.

The skeleton is a beautiful pen. I enjoyed mine.

But I just got a cool new moped.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful looking pen. I haven't seen that variant before. Quite like the matt finish. Enjoy the anticipation!

Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.

I have my eye on a Visconti Rainbow, but the reviews of Visconti on Amazon and elsewhere are so lukewarm that I hesitate to buy it. Are they worth the money? Not surea bout the tubular nib, either.

Edited by vorpal