• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagarb

• subbucal

• ctt1wbw

• Feanaaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered this pen (luckily I asked for a flat top version, even without knowing that there was one; I like it much better than the previous one, especially the cap), and eagerly awaiting it. Is it true that the nib is so hard to remove that it cannot be done without a knockout block?

Also, I love the effect of a light blue ink in the barrel, but on the other hand I hate writing in light colors... do people here know of any ink which appears significantly lighter when liquid than when it dries on the paper? Maybe some iron-gall ink with a blue dye much lighter than usual?

This pen is beautifull, I like it better than the rounded one. Will it be readily available on the ASA webshop or do you have to custom order it?

Always lurking, sometimes posting.

This pen is beautifull, I like it better than the rounded one. Will it be readily available on the ASA webshop or do you have to custom order it?

At present its available on request, as limited quantity is there.

You can PM me or write to unik.services@hotmail.com

I ordered this pen (luckily I asked for a flat top version, even without knowing that there was one; I like it much better than the previous one, especially the cap), and eagerly awaiting it. Is it true that the nib is so hard to remove that it cannot be done without a knockout block?

Also, I love the effect of a light blue ink in the barrel, but on the other hand I hate writing in light colors... do people here know of any ink which appears significantly lighter when liquid than when it dries on the paper? Maybe some iron-gall ink with a blue dye much lighter than usual?

I have the rounded ends version of the Galatic. The nib and feed were fitted very snuggly into the section, but a dip into some warm water and a towel helped me to pull them both from the section. I have removed the nib and feed multiple times for cleaning or to change a nib and it still is a snug fit which is a good thing.

Thanks very much.I think you can pull the nib out without the help of a knock out block. I had no idea about that before reviewing, one FPNr told me its possible.

I am do agree with you about the light ink colors, I just put it since it's a demonstrator and also some high saturated ink could leave color stains inside the barrel, so I had to careful about that matter also.

Sagar Bhowmick

I have the rounded ends version of the Galatic. The nib and feed were fitted very snuggly into the section, but a dip into some warm water and a towel helped me to pull them both from the section. I have removed the nib and feed multiple times for cleaning or to change a nib and it still is a snug fit which is a good thing.

Thanks for your information.

Sagar Bhowmick

Really it is. Thanks.

Sagar Bhowmick

What a wonderful review with such detail and care. This introduced me to ASA and I will be ordering soon. Thank you!

What a wonderful review with such detail and care. This introduced me to ASA and I will be ordering soon. Thank you!

Thank you so much..

Sagar Bhowmick

• 2 months later...

Does this pen fit other #6 nibs? I'm particularly thinking of the FC Music nib. :D

The pen takes standard #6 size nib (35mm). It's a friction fit with a simple ebonite feed. You will be able to fit any standard #6 nib.

The pen takes standard #6 size nib (35mm). It's a friction fit with a simple ebonite feed. You will be able to fit any standard #6 nib.

Not all the nibs will fit equally well though. The standard nib I got with the pen seems to be "thicker" than average, and thus provide a good seal, while other nibs may let some ink leak at the point where they meet the section. Bock #6 nibs in particular seems the "thinnest", but even with the Goulet nib (which should be a Jowo like the F-C, right?) the fit is not as snug as with the stock nib. The closest I got to the original is a Noodler's non-flex, which unfortunately is only a marginally finer point than the original (excessive broadness of the standard "Fine" was the reason why I wanted to swap nibs in the first place).

EDIT: "Goulet" and "Goblet" are not the same word, auto-correct notwithstanding...

Edited by Feanaaro

Not all the nibs will fit equally well though. The standard nib I got with the pen seems to be "thicker" than average, and thus provide a good seal, while other nibs may let some ink leak at the point where they meet the section. Bock #6 nibs in particular seems the "thinnest", but even with the Goblet nib (which should be a Jowo like the F-C, right?) the fit is not as snug as with the stock nib. The closest I got to the original is a Noodler's non-flex, which unfortunately is only a marginally finer point than the original (excessive broadness of the standard "Fine" was the reason why I wanted to swap nibs in the first place).

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

I understand Goulet uses JoWo made nibs. I too use them here and offer as an upgrade to the stock nib.

Yes, a thinner nib is likely to be a little free, one may have to experiment or swap a matching thicker feed.

Also, there is an option to send nib to me, will ensure the section is made custom fit to the nib.

Btw, after I received the Galactic I sent you an email enquiring about the possibility of a completely custom pen, but never received an answer. Perhaps it would have been better to contact you through the forum instead?

Btw, after I received the Galactic I sent you an email enquiring about the possibility of a completely custom pen, but never received an answer. Perhaps it would have been better to contact you through the forum instead?

Sure, please pm me here the details you want. I will surely make for you.

Rgds

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely review of a fantastic pen. I have a Galactic (the rounded end version) with a 40mm Ambitious nib fitted in it. It holds enough ink to last a year :)

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma