Midori Travellers Notebook- Pan Am Edition

Midori Traveller’s notebook; Pan Am edition

dsc00285.jpg?w=736

I used to fly Pan Am, back in the 80’s…

dsc00287.jpg?w=736&h=491

Clear zipper pocket- ideal for stashing those tiny Filofax (Hobonichi!) stickers.

dsc00288.jpg?w=736&h=491

Post- it notes always come in handy...

dsc00289.jpg?w=736

Midori Craft envelopes. Plain paper insert pictured on right. Midori Passport size notebook

Although I prefer the look of the larger Pan Am edition MTN, I actually find the passport size far more useful. For one, I never forget where my passport is, I can stash Euro’s in there way in advance for those emergency airport taxi’s, i can keep tickets and other sundry items, and its very pocketable, much lighter, and mine has a leather pen loop too.

The great thing about these travellers notebooks is that you can add or takeaway as much as you want. It doesn’t sound that useful, but once you have it, you find it becomes indispensable. Those over- priced plastic inserts are especially useful. I wouldn’t bother with the fake- Midori (faux-dori?) inserts that people make at home and sell on etsy. They don’t look quite right and don’t fit quite right, so I wouldn’t bother.

dsc00406.jpg?w=736&h=491

As printed on the back, these are actually made in Thailand, not Japan.

dsc00404.jpg?w=736&h=491

Here featuring my pen loop and Pilot Custom 823

dsc00403.jpg?w=736&h=491

Edited by kunju123

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mk2579

• pavoni

• migo984

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really nice. I bought one of these too, but believe it or not I haven't even opened the package yet! I also bought one the navy leather clips/pen loop thingies from the Hobonichi store to use with it, as I wanted something a bit different to the Midori loop.

Your photo has inspired me to get mine out of the packaging, set up and in use. Thank you :)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for sharing kunju123.

I have the blue traveller's notebook but was very slow to get it. I simply wasn't as attracted to the blue colour as I was the brown and, I didn't think it would wear as well as the brown colour. I have four of the passport-sized in brown and I just love the way the brown wears and improves over time.

Initially, I kept my brand new blue notebook in its cloth cover for protection. This was in stark contrast to my treatment of my much loved brown passports, which I wanted to age from the moment I unwrapped each of them.

Now however, my well worn blue Midori traveller's notebook is with me daily, proudly showing off its blemishes, scratches and other such evidence of having travelled. Still not fully convinced it looks as good worn as it does new!

I like the look and idea of the kraft envelope but don't really know how I would use it! Is yours loose within the clear pocket or is it stuck onto the cover of one of your inserts? What do you use your kraft envelopes for?

Pavoni.

Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for sharing kunju123.

I have the blue traveller's notebook but was very slow to get it. I simply wasn't as attracted to the blue colour as I was the brown and, I didn't think it would wear as well as the brown colour. I have four of the passport-sized in brown and I just love the way the brown wears and improves over time.

Initially, I kept my brand new blue notebook in its cloth cover for protection. This was in stark contrast to my treatment of my much loved brown passports, which I wanted to age from the moment I unwrapped each of them.

Now however, my well worn blue Midori traveller's notebook is with me daily, proudly showing off its blemishes, scratches and other such evidence of having travelled. Still not fully convinced it looks as good worn as it does new!

I like the look and idea of the kraft envelope but don't really know how I would use it! Is yours loose within the clear pocket or is it stuck onto the cover of one of your inserts? What do you use your kraft envelopes for?

Pavoni.

Thanks for your reply and taking the time to read my post!

I keep the Kraft envelope loose in the clear insert of my big, blue Pan Am Midori. Like you I don't want to take it out of the house- it looks too good new...and I am not even a blue person. Much prefer brown, or green, or red...or any colour really other than blue!

I do have a Kraft envelope glued inside another card insert in my much more used Midori Passport Traveller- that's where I stash my Euro's, Rupees etc. for those emergency taxi situations.

I find them to be quite handy for all kinds of things, cash, trinkets...but mainly for cash!

Really appreciate the answer kunju.

I keep my cash notes (Euros, Sterling and Forints) in my sealable clear pocket insert along with some postage stamps and a spare insert connecting band. However, I love the look of those kraft envelopes and happy to hear that they can be fixed safely to the back of a card insert. The next time I am in town, I will purchase an envelope and stick it to the back of my kraft file. Thanks for the help.

Pavoni.

Really appreciate the answer kunju.

I keep my cash notes (Euros, Sterling and Forints) in my sealable clear pocket insert along with some postage stamps and a spare insert connecting band. However, I love the look of those kraft envelopes and happy to hear that they can be fixed safely to the back of a card insert. The next time I am in town, I will purchase an envelope and stick it to the back of my kraft file. Thanks for the help.

Pavoni.

No worries :thumbup: