Fountain Pens: Which One Makes Handwriting Dry Quickly And Which Brand?

Schadenfreude

I have a stupid noob question. And i am sorry if this has been discussed before. I hope my question doesn't annoy you....

What makes a handwriting stay a bit longer Wet? The ink? Or the pen? Or both?

Currently, i know that Parker IM Premium + Quink ink makes my handwriting go dry quick.

I can't purchase Noodlers ink because i think it is not available here and that means i have to shop online... :(

If it also depends on the fountain pen, i would like to know which brands make my handwriting go dry quickly as i am left handed. If it depends on the ink, i would like to know which brands? (Must be a brand that is available in europe, please....especially Netherlands)

Edited by Schadenfreude

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Schadenfreude

• I.M.

• Sasha Royale

• sidthecat

Top Posters In This Topic

Inks dry at different rates. For any given ink, the more absorbent paper will cause the ink to dry faster. A smaller amount of ink dries faster than a larger amount of ink, so the finer ink line dries faster.

Do you want your ink to dry faster than it currently dries ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Inks dry at different rates. For any given ink, the more absorbent paper will cause the ink to dry faster. A smaller amount of ink dries faster than a larger amount of ink, so the finer ink line dries faster.

Do you want your ink to dry faster than it currently dries ?

Thanks for your reply. I'm writing on a....good thickness of paper. If i write with my parker IM my handwriting dries as soon after i write it, but my two other FP's are not (different ink). If i buy a new fountain pen again, i want it to get the same result as my Parker IM. I'm kinda anxious when it is about buying a fountain pen....

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

It's a frequent topic on the Ink forum...I'm using Sailor Bungbox Eel, which may be hard to get there. It's hard to get here.

Diamante inks are pretty quick-drying, and they have a very nice range. Aurora is also well-thought-of.

If someone describes a pen as having a wet line, that means it will take longer to dry. As mentioned by Sasha, a fine or extra-fine nib will dry the fastest. Quink and Waterman are 2 inks that dry fast and they are "safe" for fountain pens.

Dave

See if you can get hold of some J. Herbin cartridges to try before buying a whole bottle. I find Herbin inks to be pretty dry, even in pens that normally write wet.

It's a frequent topic on the Ink forum...I'm using Sailor Bungbox Eel, which may be hard to get there. It's hard to get here.

Diamante inks are pretty quick-drying, and they have a very nice range. Aurora is also well-thought-of.

Thank you. Yes i expected that it's a frequent topic. I'm still exploring this forum. This journey as a fountain pen user will be my long journey, trying out inks, nibs, adding specific fountain pens on my wishlist.

If someone describes a pen as having a wet line, that means it will take longer to dry. As mentioned by Sasha, a fine or extra-fine nib will dry the fastest. Quink and Waterman are 2 inks that dry fast and they are "safe" for fountain pens.

Dave

See if you can get hold of some J. Herbin cartridges to try before buying a whole bottle. I find Herbin inks to be pretty dry, even in pens that normally write wet.

I have the quink. Now i want to buy an fp with fine nib. I think i will stick to quink for now

I have a Pelikan 140 found off of ebay, with a DF nib. The ink dries incredibly quickly in this pen. Perhaps you can find one on ebay too. It writes very fine but, even though the nib is 14k, it's as stiff as a nail (but then that's hardly surprising since it was designed to be used for making carbon copies). Anyway, I can highly recommend this pen if you're looking for a fast, smudge-free experience.