What Is Your 2016 Planner?

lacie

I'm thinking ahead at the moment and working out which planner system to use for 2016.

This year I picked up a Passion Panner from kickstarter but it didn't win me over. It was too constrictive and detailed for my style and I didn't end up embracing the concept as I thought I might. More than anything though I just didn't like the paper - it was a harsh cold white. I can see this style of planner being perfect for some but for next year I'm looking to switch to something that has more flexibility, room to doodle and a better paper.

I've also been playing around with the chronodex a bit recently and really like the concept but need to work out how to implement it into a planner.

So, what worked for you this year and what didn't, and what do you have planned for 2016?

My front runners at the moment are the midori travellers with printed chronodex inserts (not sure about the proportions), hobonichi, or if I don't leave it too late a complete DIY system.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• frogbaby

• da vinci

• Tanzanite

I use a Midori Traveler for my personal musings.

For a planner I used a Hobonichi Te Cho for 2015, and I have another for next year. Suits my needs perfectly so far.

With regard to Chronodex, I so wanted it to work for me, but it just doesn't. Bullets work better. Chronodex looks prettier though!

I find I use a Midori Traveler for my small daily planning and a Hobonichi for my main daily points and long term planning.

Hobonichi Techo A6.

I was using Midori this year, which works well but I wanted to try different ones to see what I liked the most.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

For 2015 I have been using the A6 Hobo, English version as my everday carry planner, and A5 Cousin as my desk Planner/Journal. Found them to be an ideal match up for my requirements with the bonus they are fun to use and have FP friendly Tomoe paper. I also carry a Midori TN for general notes and stuff.

FWIW ..... I reordered and have now received both Hobo's for 2016. I also treated myself to their very classy and well made A6 Black and Navy leather cover.

Regards, Falcon

..... I also treated myself to their very classy and well made A6 Black and Navy leather cover.

Regards, Falcon

Very nice indeed. I like those very much. I was tempted but I have a few Hobo A6 covers already so restricted myself to the Cousin Liberty cover.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Those who have used tome paper in a planner, how do you find double sided pages with show through?

No problem. It doesn't bother me to have a bit of ghosting.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I have an A5 Hobonichi avec on it's way. I started last year with an A6, but since I use it as a combo planner and everyday notebook, I found I needed larger pages, so when they offered just the second book in the avec set in June, I got one.

I am going back to Midori this year, the week to view free diary with a right hand page for notes/lists. I had used a Hobo Techo but it didn't suit, nice notebook though. The cover now houses a Midori MD notebook.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

I've tried using Traveler Notebooks but they don't seem to fit me.

Happily planning in my Filofax now.

I love my Paperblanks planner! Very pretty and versatile :wub:

http://s10.postimg.org/ayqq6l5s9/20151007_162121.png

EoC says it's interesting seeing the reasons why one suits and another does not. As EoC noted above, he uses both the Midori and Hobonichi. EoC found that the Hobonichi was better as a planner as it lays flat on the desk, when the Midori does not seem to want to do this. For EoC the Midori has been more of a hold the notebook in the hand and write kind of affair.

As far as ghosting or show through is concerned, EoC agrees with migo984 in that he has found it not to be a big issue. EoC likes the Tomoe River paper, and also likes the Midori paper. Both are nice to use.

Edited by Empty_of_Clouds

Those who have used tome paper in a planner, how do you find double sided pages with show through?

In any other notebook or planner it would bother me.

I cannot explain exactly why (although it is partly because there is no actual bleedthrough just ghosting) it really isnt a problem with TR paper. YMMV.

Ordinarily I use google calender on my phone, but this year I think I am going to try a Midori... If only I can decide between the two sizes...

Anyone have a Hobo 2015 you did not like and do not use anymore? I need to buy a used Hobo 2015, any size.

thanks, Sandy

sharmon202@aol.com

Grace and peace to you

:)

I have a homemade fauxdori in Field Notes size and will be trying out the Midori weekly planner for 2016. I'm pretty sure I'll love the TR-like paper. I am currently using a monthly style no-name brand but have found the spaces to be too small for my big handwriting and too difficult to make corrections in. Will see how it goes.

Just ordered the Hobo Cousin A5.

I went without a cover to see if I like it and then might step up to a nice leather cover.

I love Tomoe Paper and I believe it changes sometimes in composition.

Does anyone know if the current A4 Tomoe that is sold in sets of 100 at Jet and Goulet is the same paper in the Hobonichi Cousin ?

I think the Hobo is kind of ivory coloured but is it as thick or thinner or about the same ?

I will be so happy to say "good riddance" to my Moleskine 1915 Page a Day Diary and its lousy awful paper. I have some older Moleskine Cahiers with much, much better paper so I know they can do better paper if they try.

I hope the Tomoe holds up.

Besdies 1101 where are some good sources of leather covers for the Cousin ?

Edited by frogbaby