Asa Nauka Group Buy

jjlax10

Which still leaves the question of nib widths with the Schmidt and 'stock' nibs... I would also still like to be sure that my preferred nib width would be available before committing myself, usual listings aren't always a guarantee that specific widths will be available.

The last group buy from ASA had Schmidt nibs in F,M, and B. The stock is typically a fine nib. As I noted above the payment method is not yet available. You can wait to commit until all information is available.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• I.M.

• jjlax10

• prashant.tikekar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure the exact names of colors. Those small rods are new ebonite colors they received. I too write unposted, and I have larger hands. I have asked for dimensions, but that was this morning my time, overnight in India. Here is a comparison photo:

That is a Pelikan M800, a Namiki Falcon, the Nauka, and a Bexley Poseiden II.

Thank you, that helps! It gives me hope that it will be a larger (nib+barrel) pen! There seems to be a move these days, I believe, toward smaller pens (aka pocket pens, etc.).

I love that the Nauka's barrel is without a step.

Anyway, what is the origin the name "NAUKA?" According to Google, "nauka" is the Russian word for science, and is also the name of Russia's Multipurpose Laboratory Module, one day to be a component of the International Space Station. Also, Nauka is an area or region in India. I'm betting the pen's name is tribute to the location in India. :)

Edited by Forsooth

I am not sure the exact names of colors. Those small rods are new ebonite colors they received. I too write unposted, and I have larger hands. I have asked for dimensions, but that was this morning my time, overnight in India. Here is a comparison photo:

That is a Pelikan M800, a Namiki Falcon, the Nauka, and a Bexley Poseiden II.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yes, thanks for the size comparisons.

This is a sizable pen especially without the step down!

Earlier, you said the black pen was closer to the final model. Is it slightly smaller in girth than the brown ripple?

The last group buy from ASA had Schmidt nibs in F,M, and B. The stock is typically a fine nib. As I noted above the payment method is not yet available. You can wait to commit until all information is available.

Thank you :)

Yes, thanks for the size comparisons.

This is a sizable pen especially without the step down!

Earlier, you said the black pen was closer to the final model. Is it slightly smaller in girth than the brown ripple?

I have asked the dimensions and will post them as soon as I can.

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

Please let us know when the cut off is. I'm thinking I'd like a color 4 with an EF Jowo, but I really do have enough pens :)

Josh -

Don't know how I missed this - if it's not too late, please put me down for Jowo 1.1 w/converter, rod # 3.

Thanks,

Wendy

Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank you for your questions and your interest. I have received word this morning from ASA in response to my questions, based on what all of you asked.

First, some of you asked about Rod No. 6. Mr. Subramaniam, owner of ASA Pens, said he will take more pictures of this color, but for now directed me to this image, which shows that ebonite for the model called the Writer. The color in question is the first one on the right.

post-37141-0-90670700-1444053499_thumb.jpg

Purchasing will be through the ASA Pens website, which will be live on October 7, 2015. At that time the final dimensions, sketch and other information will be posted. The group buy prices will be available until the end of October. ASA has given the following manufacturing schedule:

All orders from 7th October till 14th October, will be processed and shipped by 31st of this month. Orders after 14th by 14th of next month.
I hope this answers some questions. As to the name, I ask Subramaniam what word in Hindi means boat, and he responded Nauka.

post-37141-0-34539500-1444053452_thumb.jpg

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

From jjlax10: "Purchasing will be through the ASA Pens website, which will be live on October 7, 2015. At that time the final dimensions, sketch and other information will be posted."

Thanks for that information. Looking forward to this.

I hope we will be able to have an input regarding shipping costs.

What do you mean?

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

Thanks for the updated info jjlax, I'll stick with my initial order for a #2 rod with a 1.1mm Jowo nib. Thanks again.