South Georgia Says Hello!

fruitcake67

Hello FPN,

Greetings! I am a physician in rural Georgia with a terrible addiction to fountain pens. Back in late Feb, I ran across the Pen Addict Podcast. I was hooked quickly and all of my days of hunting for pens and paper at Wal-Mart and Office Max came pouring back into my mind. My first purchase was a Lamy Safari Gray with M nib. Now I have several Safaris, two studios with gold nibs, one 2000, a couple of Pilot C74s, a 912, several Preras, two falcons, Visconti Rembrandt and Van Gough, over 25 bottles of ink, notebooks notebooks and more notebooks, and a lovely desk display from The Dude at Modern Goods. I also have a new field notes problem for which I should seek help. I check multiple blogs each day and started over at episode 1 of the PA and now I am at 154. I think Brian Goulet owes me a few loyalty rewards or something, but with no local shops, I am forced to the web to stalk my prey. I love this community and love to know pen freaks are everywhere....although I am pretty sure I am the only one in my small town of just of 2700 people.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fruitcake67

• ThomasB

• notVirtuThe3rd

• vorpal

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Welcome aboard, I hail from the CSRA part of Georgia myself and spent quite a few years roaming the back roads of the more southern parts of the State before I relocated. Can't recall ever spotting a FP in the wild down there, but at the time the bug hadn't stricken me. :)

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome aboard, I hail from the CSRA part of Georgia myself and spent quite a few years roaming the back roads of the more southern parts of the State before I relocated. Can't recall ever spotting a FP in the wild down there, but at the time the bug hadn't stricken me. :)

Yeah I assume by CSRA your mean the Augusta area.....I spent 5 years there, and it was nice but happy to be a bit closer to Savannah and the coast.

Waves from North Georgia!

We're way up in the mountains...no fountain pens around here, alas. Well, except mine. My favorites include a red Falcon; a Frankenpen for copperplate (Ahab + titanium Comic G); a hideously expensive Mottishaw Spencerian grind Pelikan; and a $5 Bookworm that writes so smoothly I can barely tell it's touching paper.

Stop up if you ever find yourself around Helen.

Greetings from Suwanee GA north of you. Surprising to me how many Georgians share our addiction! We'd love to hear more about the Visconti's - I keep almost pulling the trigger on a Van Gogh from Goulet but my preference for Japanese fine nibs rules at the moment.

Welcome to FPN and ... great pens. Those Visconti's are nice! Which Van Gogh did you get?

Starry Night......amazing

Greetings from Suwanee GA north of you. Surprising to me how many Georgians share our addiction! We'd love to hear more about the Visconti's - I keep almost pulling the trigger on a Van Gogh from Goulet but my preference for Japanese fine nibs rules at the moment.

Both of pens are wonderful but the Van Gough is an F nib but let me assure you its more of a B....so it is on it's way to Masuyama for some work...along with my way too wet Lamy 2000.

Welcome !

I would use one of the bulletproof inks for field notes. I shudder, when I think of the things that can be spilled on notes.

Instead of "loyalty points", Brian Goulet gives Tootsie Roll Pops. Grape is my favorite.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !