The Blues Brothers

BayesianPrior

I've just come to realise how well my M805 black complements my M215 rings.

The M805 is tall, sober, reliable, "just the facts, ma'am" serious. With a nail of a fine nib, he gets the job done without any fuss; writing at break-neck speed and he doesn't miss a step. He's a dry white toast kind of guy. He's Elwood.

The M215 is shorter, flashier, and a risk taker. Sure, he's still wearing a black suit and white shirt like his brother, but with his springy steel nib you know he's been around the block more than once. Fill him up with an outrageously bright ink, and he'll bring the house down. Heck, he'd probably order two fried chickens and a coke for lunch! He's Jake. [Please ignore the fact that Jake should be the fatter of the two.]

And now the reason for this post.

There's a NKOTB, and he's an M805 with blue striations. He's due to be sent away for a 0.9mm cursive italic nib customisation. :puddle:

But when he comes back, he'll be a little on his own, a little apart. Despite his height, he doesn't really fit in with Jake and Elwood, and the rest of the guys in the band think he's a little strange.

I've heard rumours of another loner, difficult to track down, and charges a hefty premium for his time. This other guy goes by the name of M215 blue and he thinks he's something special. I suppose I'm posting this because I'm after references. How blue is this M215 character? Can he pull it off beside the M805? Will they be as successful a team as Jake and Elwood? Can anyone help me out?

[in the real world, I'm asking if someone could please post a photo of the M215 blue beside any of the blue striation souveraens. I'd like to see the two blues together, under the same lighting conditions. I've found a source for the M215 blue, but before I pull the trigger I need to know that the blues aren't so different that they'll set off my OCD.]

[Gosh, pen people are strange.]

Edited by countrysquire

bayesianprior.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• BayesianPrior

• DrCodfish

• Christopher Godfrey

Nice analogy.I think the new kid has the potential to blow evryone elses sox off. Elwood and Jake are like the blues bros in suits, but NK, he's gonna be a Jazz playing saxiphonist, he's gona be Charlie Parker, or Johnny Hodges. Elwood and Jake are gonna get him, but they will stare in slack jawed awe when he riffs.

As for the M215 blue? Worry less about the color; it all depends on what sort of nib he brings to the quintet.

Here you go...

M600 Blue Striped, M215 Blue w/ Silver Lines, M605 Solid Blue

fpn_1443840080__untitled-2.jpg

Sorry for the hastily taken cell phone pic in poor light.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Many thanks sargetalon for the photograph - it's exactly what I wanted to see!

And thanks to you DrCodfish for the wise reminder that form should follow function :thumbup:

bayesianprior.png

Many thanks sargetalon for the photograph - it's exactly what I wanted to see!

And thanks to you DrCodfish for the wise reminder that form should follow function :thumbup:

Glad to help out. The M215 blue is a hard bird to come by these days. Took over a year for me to track it down. If you have any inclination towards it, snatch it up now while you can.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

<... it all depends on what sort of nib he brings to the quintet>

What ARE you talking about, Dr. C? Whatever analogy next? ;^)

Actually, I <like> it! Keep up the good work.

(There is a teeshirt, here in Gloucester, that you would like -- it says: "In Cod We Trust"! Shame, though: the store that stocked it is no more -- owner died a month ago, sadly: he was a friend. I shall keep my eyes open for a sale, which might happen...)