The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Aurora 88 Ink Window

aurora 88 ink window chronology dating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Tutt

Mr Tutt

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:16

Does anyone know when the ink windows in the Aurora 88s changed colors? I have an 88 #994559 with an amber looking window, and another, #1149369 with reddish tint. I also note that the cap on the older model is slightly shorter than on the newer one. Does anyone have info on that. Also I just acquired an vintage 88 Nikargenta. Does this cap require any special treatment other than the usual care? Thanks for any light you can shed on these questions as I try to learn more than I've already gleaned from this forum about these great pens.

Mr. Tutt

Sponsored Content

#2 sanpei

sanpei

La Z0NA is Here, Be Happy!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2015 - 20:28

Aurora 88 windows always born yellow, ink and time discolored them up to amber or red, darkening depends by time of contact with ink

and color or features of ink, usually darker colours were more aggressive than lighter ones.

Do you have vintage AURORA or WILLIAMSON,
italian WWII militaria for sale or trade? Please contact me.

Looking for 1950'S AURORA 88?
Other vintage italian pens?

Here's the Answer!
www.zona900.com

#3 Mr Tutt

Mr Tutt

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2015 - 00:48

Thanks. As I recall from other  posts, you are the Aurora authority.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora, 88, ink window, chronology, dating

Sponsored Content

|