The Pelikan Souverän M805 Review

sannidh

I think most the Jowo nibs that float around are nails, very smooth, but hard as nails. The 805 has the nicest bit of softness. Not flexxy, not pilot elabo soft.... but gentle giving.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• hari317

• Inked

• gmathio

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much :)

Evolution of Script :rolleyes: . Nibs says it has the m1000 nib unit.

That is incorrect. I assure you it is a m800nib unit.

I have both.

Inked

Sorry that I'm late to the party. Excellent review and gorgeous photographs. I love the blue barrel and really find the palladium furniture to complement it very nicely (compared to the gold)

Thank you Joshua for your awesome feedback. You (Pelikan Perch) is a true encyclopaedia of the flock for me :rolleyes:

I would also share the same taste for a blue barrel, the palladium finish suits me very well.

If there can be multiple review contributors to your Perch, I would be one happy contributor :)

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Nice review, but are you sure that the nib is soft? I find the M8xx nibs to be a nail - not that a stiff nib is bad.

I think most the Jowo nibs that float around are nails, very smooth, but hard as nails. The 805 has the nicest bit of softness. Not flexxy, not pilot elabo soft.... but gentle giving.

I was referring to sirach's experience from the softness perspective, not soft flexible, but with a subtle amount of springy softness. I like the responsiveness.

That is incorrect. I assure you it is a m800nib unit.

I have both.

Inked

I absolutely believe you (the pen owner) :) Wanted to have a look at the nib scrollwork. If you find time, please share a pic of the Evolution of script nib. Thank you, Sonik

Edited by soniknitr

In 2007 or so, Pam Braun of Oscarbraunpens used to regularly sell the 400 white tortoise for just 99USD!! The initial models had cap splitting problems etc...

Time Machine!! I missed the M600s as well :)

Ha Ha Pradeep, I know of your love with the white tortoise :P

Thanks for the nice & funny comments as always :)

I am not racial, i love the Brown one as well ;)

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

• 1 year later...

Great review. I really enjoyed the photos. I have two M800s in gold trim, one green and one black. I was sorely tempted to get a blue one as well and your post has rekindled that temptation. There is currently a fierce battle between this temptation and my bank account...

They are superbly balanced and fit my hand and writing style perfectly. I recently turned my back on tablets for note taking and am using these pens again at work. I can't believe I went without for so long!

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Mohandas Ghandi

These pictures tell a thousand words...Lovely blue pen.

Thanks,

Andy

Great review. I really enjoyed the photos. I have two M800s in gold trim, one green and one black. I was sorely tempted to get a blue one as well and your post has rekindled that temptation. There is currently a fierce battle between this temptation and my bank account...

They are superbly balanced and fit my hand and writing style perfectly. I recently turned my back on tablets for note taking and am using these pens again at work. I can't believe I went without for so long!

Ha ha. sure these birds are tempting at first sight. I like you, prefer the balance and substantial feel in hand for the m805 (perhaps slightly over the MB146).

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this nice review. Pelikan 805's are my favourite Pelikans. I just have one, a M805 Stresemann and my next one will definitely be the Blue striated one,

Edited by gmathio

Great review, thank you. Every time I write with it I rediscover how wonderful it is to use. It also makes me think this is the only pen I'll ever need. Then I remember I need one with an M nib size.

Bye money.

• 2 weeks later...

Pelikan M800 (green stripe) with a medium nib has been my main pen during my college years. I have been using it for the past 20 years without any problem. Not sure if they are still using rolled celluloid to make the body and I noticed that the logo on the cap has changed. I think it's worth every penny!

Great review, thank you. Every time I write with it I rediscover how wonderful it is to use. It also makes me think this is the only pen I'll ever need. Then I remember I need one with an M nib size.

Bye money.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I got a 805 blue stripes basis the review. It's an enjoyable pen!

Lovely and congratulations.. Mine was sent to Pelikan for a little dent on the cap band. Amidst the lockdown, it seems to have a longer stay at its home away from home.

Really want to try one of these some day... love the look and hear such great things of the writing

Thank you :)

Nice review and nice pen. Thanks for posting!

Thank you for this nice review. Pelikan 805's are my favourite Pelikans. I just have one, a M805 Stresemann and my next one will definitely be the Blue striated one,

Thank you :). The m805 Stresemann seems more iconic than the blue one though.

Bye money.

Ha ha, yes there more colors/designs after nib sizes..