Art Of Art's Nibs - Is He Okay?

sidthecat

He posted a pen for sale on his Instagram account (@arts_nibs) less than half an hour ago as of this comment.

Edited by EclecticCollector

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8a4re

• Editionsteno

• overwriter

• sidthecat

Thank for the info! He also deleted the message I sent there...

It really look like I got scammed!

My pens just showed up one day (after 6+ months) with a note of apology. I hope yours do, too.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I don't think he's deliberately scamming anyone or trying to take pens. I think he's overextending himself. Plus he's not great at communication. I'm not defending the guy -- if he's not able to do the job he said he would do, he owes everyone an email and their pens returned. I just don't think it comes from a place of malice or deceit. I agree with previous commenters... I hope things get easier for him. I hope he can either figure out how to balance both his day job and his nib services OR give up the nib work until things settle down. It isn't fair to his customers... plus it's giving him a bad reputation.

What worked for me: Completely hounding him until I got my pens back. I emailed a lot. I mailed him a letter. I texted. He finally replied via text and sent my things back (I also texted daily until I received my USPS tracking number). He was apologetic and very nice. Honestly, it was the least he could do after being completely out of touch for a few months.

Bottom line: He's trying to run a business and should treat his customers with respect. That means communicating when there are unexpected delays and/or returning pens when he isn't able to complete the job.

Overextended, no communication, ignoring pleas for many months! It's obvious he doesn't want the buisness. Who would read this thread and then send him a pen? If you would, you deserve not to see your pen again. How insulting, he can't even come on here and apologize for deliberately ignoring people who trusted him to complete his side of a contract.

"He's very nice." Not by my definition.

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

Wow! I just got an email from him!!! Look like things are moving now, after so long! He appologize and tell me he send my pen back! I'll believe it when I'll get them but its already something! :) Look like sometime it pay off to get mad! lol But once again, I'll believe it when I'll have them in my hand! But look like that forum thread make thing improve! :) Thank to all of you! :)

• 3 months later...

I sent him 4 pens to be tuned. He took the pens and cashed the check. Have not heard anything.

<portions of this post have been removed by the moderator for violating FPN rules>

Edited by TheGreatRoe

I sent him 4 pens to be tuned. He took the pens and cashed the check. Have not heard anything.

<portions of this post have been removed by the moderator for violating FPN rules>

I finally got my pens back after a little less than a year... The job was not done but it is okay, my precious Duofolds are back home and I got them regrinded by a "real" store grinder in Canada... For now on, I'll only work with known and reliable pro but I understand your frustration! Don't give up, ask them back! You have to insist a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He e-mailed me 08 November telling me my three pens were ready. I paid and have not heard from him since. And now his domain has expired.

I think I am in trouble.

You can try commenting on some of his Instagram posts. He uses that from time to time. I will also PM you the phone number he had listed on his site... I texted him and got replies when I was trying to get my pens. I know others had luck with that too.

You can try commenting on some of his Instagram posts. He uses that from time to time. I will also PM you the phone number he had listed on his site... I texted him and got replies when I was trying to get my pens. I know others had luck with that too.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

So, the texting worked. I think he has a hectic work schedule and a young family and is just rather......overextended.

My pens are in the post. I think though that he has let his domain lapse. The website seems to be gone.

Thanks go to i8a4re fir the help.

Glad to help. Yeah, I don't think he's a bad guy or that he intends to swindle anyone. I think he's overextended... but I also think he needs to recognize that and stop accepting pens. His work is great, though. I have nibs done by some other top nibmeisters and his definitely competes with them. He's shooting himself in the foot with his poor customer service, though. I wouldn't send more pens to him for that reason, which is sad because I love the nib he did for me.