What Does Your Handwriting Say About You?

markh

I'm not sure what my handwriting says about me, but I doubt it's very good: the last graphologist to look at it tried to have me burned at the stake.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fuellerfederfan

• Ink Stained Wretch

• Freddy

• gammada

I hope my handwriting says, as bad as it may be, that I really love writing with a fountain pen.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

post-111759-0-22300500-1443439711_thumb.jpg

Be the judge! What does my handwriting say about me?

~Epic

Edited by Lord Epic
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

It says that I don't really care about it being "pretty", or showing off what a FP can do...I just want to be able to read what I wrote down.

The best word to describe my regular handwriting is 'legible', but when I look back through years of notebooks from my work, I would add, 'barely'.

I endeavour to slow down as I have a quick hand and at times my writing looks like a wave washing across the page and much is 'coded' or what might be a form of shorthand (a skill I wish I had acquired; I did learn proper typing (all the fingers and I don't need to look at the keyboard), and did learn proper writing with a dip pen in school where we were taught a classic hand for daily use. I now find as I slow down, that that style of writing is emerging, but my 'g' and 'f' still are just a loop (below or above the line).

...be like the ocean...

As for my writing...

The letters are joined because I was taught that the pen should never leave the page during a word. It slants to the right because that's how my father wrote and I wanted to be like him.

As for legibility, it it is not nearly as good now as it was at school. Owl asked Winnie the Pooh if he could read and Pooh replied that if someone told him what it said, then he could read it. Many people find my writing much the same.

• 2 months later...

I had interpreted this on a forensics sort of situation. By which I mean: If you writing is small in font size: you're introverted. If your writing is large: you're extroverted. If the kerning of your writing is far spaced...you're relaxed. If the kerning was too close, your frustrated/ bothered or generally tense. If your handwriting flows upwards your happy; depressed when flowing downwards.

There is also classifications for when the starting letter is larger than the rest of the word... I just don't really recall them. From the very primal testing that i have done, I would say that there is some truth to these. I am a highly introverted person and I don't much enjoy bring attention to myself. My Handwriting shows this: Small (usually barely fitting within college ruled notebooks).

If I knew how to attach images from the computer, I really would. As soon as I get the image posted elsewhere, I will link it here. The Image is a Beispiel to what I above stated.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150926_170257_1443258196594_1443280983678.jpg

Be the judge! What does my handwriting say about me?

~Epic

Your handwriting is certainly really sharp. I like the color (on my screen it appears to be some sort of orange-gelb) What colour and brand, if you don't mind my asking.

As for my interpretation, I would say that your Handschrift ist somewhat relaxed/ casual. Almost as if to say: "If a tornado were to strike right here and right now, I would still put on my Dean Martin LP, light a candle and carry on with my date direkt across from me."

Graphology says ugly handwriting indicates creativity. Those who belong to the club of considerably ugly handwriting, stand the chance of being a Napoleon or Beethoven or Picasso or Freud !!!!!!

They are A type persons with a spark of genius.

Unfortunately I don't have that club membership. My hand is worse than that :P

Can I call cow doo-doo on this?

I can already see my psych professor mentally changing my grade to a F. But I remember her saying when to do read some stuff even if you answered it correctly in our minds our first thought is "omg it's soo true" because if a few is right on everything else must be.

WARNING: You may find the things in the spoiler crude.

Average - well-adjusted & adaptable

I guess so. Jack of no trades right?
Narrow spacing - Can't be alone. Crowd people. Be intrusive.

I want to be alone. I don't have much if any friends in the real world. I don't like interacting with people. I'm a loner for most of my school years. Bold text is right. I was the loner kid in school hated to talk to people as they were dangerous.
No slant - No emotions. Logical & practical.

True dat
Connected letters - logical, systematic & make decisions carefully

Bold text should say something for this but can't. #Trufact.
Narrow L - Restricting yourself. Feelings of tension.

Bold text isn't restricting self. Bold text is just trying to prevent the ban hammer. I don't really restrict myself. I do avoid to swear though.
Narrow e - Skeptical of others. Not swayed by others.

#Trufact.
Right over the i - Detail-oriented, organized and emphatic.

My room is a literal pig's den. I can't express stuff clearly look at my sig. Most of the time the stuff I say ends up being so wrong yet in my head it sounded right.
Right in the middle [T] - Confindent & feel comfortable in your own skin

I wish to pretend I was a fairy that can fly around. I wish I was many things. Actually I do pretend about stuff but it's too embarrassing to admit.
Closed - Very private limited to sharing your personal feelings. introvert

Very true. Scary true. OMG THIS MUST BE REAL! Personality tests say I'm a INTP.
Pointy lowercase cursive s - Enjoy learning new things. Inquistive & ambitious.

More real stuff might be real after all. Not really ambitious, but wants & enjoys learning new things. I was to be a living jack of all trades.
Right hand margin - Fear the unknown. Worry about the future.

I fear the day that a roaming black hole becomes hungry and sees Earth. WWIII might be more scarier. Us humans are dangerous.
Light [pressure] - Sensitive and show an empathy to people. Lack of vitality.

Hmm. I hate people. I doubt I might care for people. Okay my bold texts were getting far too crude so this is more real. But I can't jab in gold nibbed pens on the paper or I might flex or bend the nib.
Quickly [speed] - impatient, dislike delays or time wasters.

I can wait till the bridge comes back down. I can't wait till Fallout 3 finishes downloading. But how am I going to catch up my teacher on taking notes on the lecture?
Legible [signature] - Confident & comfortable. Don't need to pretend.

Everyone pretends. I even pretend I was a fairly. Actually I do pretend about stuff but it's too embarrassing to admit.
______ [lie detector] - ________

So what does this supposed to mean? I was trying to save paper space.
I [i NEED TO KEEP THE I THE SAME OR IT'S INCORRECT!] - I

I will not write I as | because that looks wrong and weird on the paper nor it will become a l because that is weird too. Bold text is right.
Light pressure [energy level] - Lack of energy or tiredness.

Logical. If I'm actually tired I will end up jabbing the pen in the paper as I will grip the pen stronger as it might slip out with leads to a heavy hand.

If you read that above. No, I'm not mad. I just write like that for laughs at something that can be described as cow doo-doo.

Here is my apparent results without the crude commentary.

Average - well-adjusted & adaptable
Narrow spacing - Can't be alone. Crowd people. Be intrusive.
No slant - No emotions. Logical & practical.
Connected letters - logical, systematic & make decisions carefully
Narrow L - Restricting yourself. Feelings of tension.
Narrow e - Skeptical of others. Not swayed by others.
Right over the i - Detail-oriented, organized and emphatic.
Right in the middle [T] - Confindent & feel comfortable in your own skin
Closed - Very private limited to sharing your personal feelings. introvert
Pointy lowercase cursive s - Enjoy learning new things. Inquistive & ambitious.
Right hand margin - Fear the unknown. Worry about the future.
Light [pressure] - Sensitive and show an empathy to people. Lack of vitality.
Quickly [speed] - impatient, dislike delays or time wasters.
Legible [signature] - Confident & comfortable. Don't need to pretend.
______ [lie detector] - ________
I [i NEED TO KEEP THE I THE SAME OR IT'S INCORRECT!] - I
Light pressure [energy level] - Lack of energy or tiredness.

#Nope

Graphology says ugly handwriting indicates creativity. Those who belong to the club of considerably ugly handwriting, stand the chance of being a Napoleon or Beethoven or Picasso or Freud !!!!!!

They are A type persons with a spark of genius.

Unfortunately I don't have that club membership. My hand is worse than that :P

If that criterion about ugly handwriting were true I'd be the 100% acknowledged ruler of the universe!

I sometimes can't read my own handwriting within seconds of having written something :wallbash: . I often have to print out words at the top of the page so that I will have a chance of deciphering in the future what I've just written. I have awful handwriting.

Oh yeah, I am definitely not a Type A personality.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I had interpreted this on a forensics sort of situation. By which I mean: If you writing is small in font size: you're introverted. If your writing is large: you're extroverted. If the kerning of your writing is far spaced...you're relaxed. If the kerning was too close, your frustrated/ bothered or generally tense. If your handwriting flows upwards your happy; depressed when flowing downwards.

There is also classifications for when the starting letter is larger than the rest of the word... I just don't really recall them. From the very primal testing that i have done, I would say that there is some truth to these. I am a highly introverted person and I don't much enjoy bring attention to myself. My Handwriting shows this: Small (usually barely fitting within college ruled notebooks).

If I knew how to attach images from the computer, I really would. As soon as I get the image posted elsewhere, I will link it here. The Image is a Beispiel to what I above stated.

Your handwriting is certainly really sharp. I like the color (on my screen it appears to be some sort of orange-gelb) What colour and brand, if you don't mind my asking.

As for my interpretation, I would say that your Handschrift ist somewhat relaxed/ casual. Almost as if to say: "If a tornado were to strike right here and right now, I would still put on my Dean Martin LP, light a candle and carry on with my date direkt across from me."

It's Pelikan Edelstein Amber, Ink of the Year 2013.

Haha, that sounds about right. I'm one to finish the first matter before moving on to the next, and won't let other stuff get in my way, mostly.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

fpn_1443217086__babsjdma123ouchouchltfan

Fred

...............chow time...................

Me chicken scratch....Still says Diddly - Squat bout me........

Fred

Demotivation of the day:

There are no stupid questions....

But there are a lot of inquisitive idiots....

Edited by Freddy

It's Pelikan Edelstein Amber, Ink of the Year 2013.

Haha, that sounds about right. I'm one to finish the first matter before moving on to the next, and won't let other stuff get in my way, mostly.

~Epic

Thank you. The angle at which the picture was taken, I thought there might have been more written regarding the ink name.

fpn_1443217086__babsjdma123ouchouchltfan

Fred

...............chow time...................

Me chicken scratch....Still says Diddly - Squat bout me........

Fred

Demotivation of the day:

There are no stupid questions....

But there are a lot of inquisitive idiots....

Your Handschrift looks a bit like mine but with a broader nib. Somewhat all over the place and often in a hurry to write something down.

In school i hated being that kid who asked the Lehrer to go back a slide or to repeat something. Therefore I have developed a Handschrift that only wild Hens are able to forge. I have recently started work on fixing my Handschrift. It got to the point where I couldn't make out characters years later.

The Mehrheit says: Clunky, chicken-Kratz, "ugly" Handschrift ist something to be proud of as it denotes intelligentz, curiosity and the like, however in my case all but 1 ist true; Intelligenz.

I say: As long as the person is able to decipher precisely what it is you wrote (without having to ask you: whats this and whats that), you're good.

I feel like you Handschrift is too large for the provided space. Your loops, tails and heads seam to be getting uncomforatablely close to the other letters. The last line is a prime Beispiel to what I was referring.

Your Handschift suggests either a tensed hand, OR a rush to get this written.

The onetime use of a block letter "I" and a cursive "I" suggest to me that you're either playing with cursive: (re)learning a new or forgotten style. However since it is a block letter I, I would appear that you previously printed and are trying to get back in to cursive: which would explain the one time occurace of blockletter "I". It would also explain the slight spacing issues. Some words are place further apart than the others, as well as the fact that the Ligatur (spacing between characters within the words) is close in some areas.

The Unterstriche near the end suggest to me that you like all things flashy and Ornate Objekte: Autos, Fanciful decor. Stuff that makes the Neighbours stop in their tracks and take notice of the sweet 1955 dual-tone Ford Fairlane sitting in your lawn with original stock radio and sweet motor (lets face it, sweet car with crappy milage? OR sweet car with stellar gas milage? I prefer the latter of the 2). Sorry to ramble.

I do want to say that I love the color of the Ink. Blue/black? if not what color and brand, if I may ask. I am developing an ink Einkaufsliste.

VG

Füllfederfan

Some of that infographic is definitely (bleep), at least when taken out of the context of a given individual - e.g. whether you write cursive or not is going to depend on how you were taught to write. OTOH the medical aspects strike me as more believable, since they address specific neurological conditions.

I think mine shows I was taught standard British cursive (which you could describe as a kind of English roundhand with looped ascenders and descenders) but went my own way in later life after teaching myself calligraphy. I can write very neatly when I want to, but apparently my hurried scrawl is not so legible to others.

The size of my writing depends on the pen and paper. I typically write very small in my Midori Passport (with a fine nib) but more average-sized in a dot-grid Leuchtturm with a medium nib. If I didn't adjust my pen and writing size, I'd get very little written in the former and the latter would be a dense mess!

ETA: I see the forum software doesn't like my British vernacular :)

Edited by AnneLyle

Some of that infographic is definitely (bleep), at least when taken out of the context of a given individual - e.g. whether you write cursive or not is going to depend on how you were taught to write. OTOH the medical aspects strike me as more believable, since they address specific neurological conditions.

I think mine shows I was taught standard British cursive (which you could describe as a kind of English roundhand with looped ascenders and descenders) but went my own way in later life after teaching myself calligraphy. I can write very neatly when I want to, but apparently my hurried scrawl is not so legible to others.

The size of my writing depends on the pen and paper. I typically write very small in my Midori Passport (with a fine nib) but more average-sized in a dot-grid Leuchtturm with a medium nib. If I didn't adjust my pen and writing size, I'd get very little written in the former and the latter would be a dense mess!

*I understand this completely, I was less than thrilled with this graphic as well. But word kering and Ligatur are relative to the written sample. By that I mean if you were writing on A5 sheet of paper your spacing will reflect that same for an A6 usw. 'for the most part, not every persons handwriting scales with Media size' I typically write small no matter where I am: Chalkboard, whiteboard, lecturehall, Omas Haus, My GFs parents Haus, Post card, guestbook, nametag, client list. My handwriting remains relatively the same size. Perhaps a couple of mm or so larger depending on where I am, however it isn't noticable.* I still feel pretty confident that regardless the papersize, the same information could be pulled.-

-I don't mean from the linked Artikel, as some of the info (from what I recall) contradicts other information that i have read. Which is why I wrote what I wrote.. based from *some* experience. I don't claim to be a professional Handschrift analysist or Handschfrift future teller. I had expressed an interest in this sort of topic on a broader scale... This sort of: If your handwriting slants to the left, that means your a traitor to the alliance.. Or if your I's are dotted with hearts, that means your overtly sensitive and so forth: This sort of thing was not what I was intersted in. I liked the truer forensics beheind it. Analysing a multitute of samples to see who the real criminal was, or to pick up on if someone was lying and the like.

Handschrift does say something about you, there is truth to that, but I feel some of the falschscience behind it seems abit harry-potter magicaly outlandish if you ask me. The size of loops, the usage of larger capitle letters and dramatically smaller letters, the usage of entirely smaller lettering does speak to the personality, I feel. However I do agree with you on the concept of: It suggests how the person was taught. Before I started using Fountainpens, I would type anything and everything. I would at almost all costs avoid writing. Simply because my Handschrift was terrible. Now I write oft but my handwriting is tacky and less than attraktiv. Still doesn't mean that information can't be found lurking within. The proble is that the link refers to cursive or joined-up letters as opposed to writing in general.

ETA: I see the forum software doesn't like my British vernacular :)

*I can't remember oft the englisch spelliing of words, so I revert to the german form... Makes it some much easier, becaue I carry neither a dictionary nor Thesaurus-

VG

Füllfederfan

Forty....

Fullfederfan asked which ink....Waterman {c1960's} Blue-Black ink and

if I remember clearly a Waterman 0652 with a sexie flexie fine nib....

My pleasure. Kind regards. And....................................

fpn_1451672396__transtaffpuertoricoooo.j

Fred

"There's only one rule, expediency."

~ Alec Leamas