The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Asa Rainbow (Ed)

asa asa pens rainbow swirled acrylic pen review made in india

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Education is important...But fountain pens are importanter

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2015 - 15:21

Thanks for your help folks, it is much appreciated.

Vaibhav, I prefer the "swirlyness" of the one you have, although Prithwijit, yours' is still beautiful and gives an idea of how my preferred shape would look.

I'll take your advice and e-mail when I go to place the order, and see if I can get an extra pearlescent, swirly one. :lol:

It is a gorgeous pen regardless, and I have been smitten from the first day Vaibhav very kindly showed us it.

Cheers  :thumbup:

Ian

It’s a well kent fact that Scotland (The Land Of The Rising Water) has the most beautiful, picturesque, colourful, history laden landscape in the world.

It’s just a shame that you can only look at it through a rain soaked car window.

Every cloud though,  If there was no rain, there’d be no RAINBOWS.

My top tip:-

If you are walking the dog through mountain bike country.....don't wear headphones.

Sponsored Content

#22 pensnproses

pensnproses

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:50

"To begin with what i really like about this pen is its size and girth. It is small pen but not that slim. Lovely part is the grip section which is the thinnest portion in whole pen. It’s so wonderful to grip and write with this pen."

I read this review a few days after Vaibhav posted it here and this line was the keynote that I took from this review. My Rainbow arrived yesterday, the moment I held it in my hand this line came back to my mind. Considering that this review was published some 2 years back,  I cannot express how much I agree with Vaibhav and how wonderfully he has put this pens usp. 

The only thing that I point that could be bettered is maybe a larger nib. I think I will have to talk to Mr Subramaniam soon and get a new Rainbow made of a different material perhaps. 

Cheers! 

Regards,
Pratik

#23 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:30

I like it. a lot.

When I first got into fountain pens, I hated acrylic. Now I really, really don't.

I used to be a snob about materials like metal, wood, and ebonite. But acrylic is really different from typical plastics, and only after I got my first real acrylic pen (the lecai eyedropper) was I a convert. I currently have three acrylic pens on the way.

I also love the spoon feed shape.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#24 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:33

Was just getting tempted to try an Asa pen and came cross this review. Since these are available with converters now, I'm seriously considering this pen.

Have other found that the nib and feed are so tightly fit that a knock-out block is required to remove them? 

Were I to get one of these, the first thing I'd do is swap the nib to something flexy or oblique.

Thanks!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#25 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,901 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:49

Lovely .. Now I am interested ...

#26 Cjayant

Cjayant

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2018 - 23:02

Nice pens. But  Now I hesitate to get any as my last 5 Indian pens I got from FPR made me some diappointments. But I like ASA pen as they looks better. I am hesitating yet.

#27 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2018 - 23:22

If I could just get a hold of the owner then maybe I cold figure out what to try. Several failed attempts so far.

#28 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:13

I have just replaced the nib on one of my (ED) Rainbows. I put in one of the group buy Ambitious flex #6 nibs. It's a simple friction fit and I have a feeling this pen would be wetter with one of those Sheaffer feeds, but I don't have one of those left, so I'm using it with the stock ebonite feed. It's a bit flat and has only short fins, so does not store a ton of ink (like the Sheaffer's does) but other than that, it works.

Replacing the nib went easy. With a rubber sheet as a gripping tool, I pulled straight forward and out it came.

Of course my Rainbow does not have a Schmidt or other German nib that can house a converter or cartridge, so YMMV...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#29 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:08

If I could just get a hold of the owner then maybe I cold figure out what to try. Several failed attempts so far.

Third time's the charm. He's very helpful!

#30 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:55

hey.... 

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#31 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:56

"To begin with what i really like about this pen is its size and girth. It is small pen but not that slim. Lovely part is the grip section which is the thinnest portion in whole pen. It’s so wonderful to grip and write with this pen."

I read this review a few days after Vaibhav posted it here and this line was the keynote that I took from this review. My Rainbow arrived yesterday, the moment I held it in my hand this line came back to my mind. Considering that this review was published some 2 years back,  I cannot express how much I agree with Vaibhav and how wonderfully he has put this pens usp. 

The only thing that I point that could be bettered is maybe a larger nib. I think I will have to talk to Mr Subramaniam soon and get a new Rainbow made of a different material perhaps. 

Cheers! 

Thank you so much... I am glad that review helped you ...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#32 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:25

hey....

After 3 tries I got through once, but now it's been two more attempts without a return response. What's the best way to get in contact? Email doesn't seem to be working for me.

#33 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:43

After 3 tries I got through once, but now it's been two more attempts without a return response. What's the best way to get in contact? Email doesn't seem to be working for me.

you can try Instant messaging platform like WhatsApp or Telegram

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#34 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:11

you can try Instant messaging platform like WhatsApp or Telegram

Those are all blocked in China. :(

#35 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:12

(duplicate post)

Edited by TruthPil, 29 January 2018 - 11:20.

#36 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:26

Those are all blocked in China. :(

wechat to me... I will pass on the message...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asa, asa pens, rainbow, swirled acrylic, pen review, made in india

Sponsored Content

|