What Kind Of Pen Is That?

MarioAna

Hi Everybody.

First of all I have been reading this forum a long time and the community is great!

Today I managed to go on an old market-bazaar and I have found two fountain pens which I bought for under 3$.
One was a Parker 25, as soon as I identified it I wanted the other one, maybe it is a gem too :).
So my question is, anybody has an opinion what brand/type is this pen in the pictures?

It had a Parker cap but as it can be seen in the pictures the pen has a "screw cap tread" above the section, so probably the cap is not the original one, just a replacement (it fits quite well though to be honest).

Also I am not convinced about the cap's genuineness, maybe you guys can tell if it is an original one from some other Parker type or just a copy (like some of the Hero's have) - so I uploaded a pic about it. I did not find any similar Parker product in the web so far so probably the FP is from another brand.

It has a nice looking green barrell, the whole body is made from plastic. The nib has an "Iridium Point" sign on it and a logo which I am not familiar with. It looks like a jumping ram or goat in front of a hill in the background. Also it has a piston filler built in, and the end "cap" is missing from it, but the piston is working - I can screw it. I did not clean it yet..
Do you have any idea what can be the brand or the type for this pen?

Sorry if I should not open a new topic for that but I did not found any similar one. If it is please inform me or the moderaters can move my post to there of course if it is necessary!

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

http://i58.tinypic.com/34qmtko.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/v5znva.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/21c6yaw.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/334p7gn.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarioAna

• grainweevil

• OCArt

Does that knob on the end turn? If so that would confirm my guess that it is a piston filler and that might point to Europe-- but i am not knowledgeable enough to say for sure. What does it say on the nib?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Does that knob on the end turn? If so that would confirm my guess that it is a piston filler and that might point to Europe-- but i am not knowledgeable enough to say for sure. What does it say on the nib?

Yes the knob turns, I mentioned in the post that it is a piston filler-pen. I bought it in Hungary so probable it is from some European brand.

The writing in the nib is "Iridium Point" and a logo which looks like a jumping ram or goat in front of a hill in the background, I did not find any brand sign on the pen.

The nib sounds like it might be a generic Bock, which isn't really going to help identification. Love that green barrel though, whatever its origin.

The nib sounds like it might be a generic Bock, which isn't really going to help identification. Love that green barrel though, whatever its origin.

Thank you, at least now I know the nib brand. However I was unable to pull out it and feed from the section, is it possible that it is not removable? I tried twisting it a little since I read that some types can be removed like this...but it didn't work and I don't want to broke it.

Now it is soaking in water, at the end of the day I will try if it is leaking or usable. I hope at least the nib can be attached to one of my other pens.

I checked them both and they are working like a charm! Unfortunately from this green one the second section above the barrel (the cap for the piston knob?) is missing as well as the cap for it, so it is not at "everyday" carry pen. But at least the Parker 25 is like a new one....definitely got a steal there :)