The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Refill Pilot Cartridges With Eye Dropper Bottle

pilot petit1 ink cartridge eye dropper

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leewm

leewm

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 16:14

Hi,

had a little spare time and made a short 1 min video how to use an eye dropper bottle to refill the ink cartridge of a pilot petit1 / vanishing point etc .

https://www.youtube....h?v=pJ1VQ-d0Uko

with a little practice, there's no need to wash up  or clean up anything. 

enjoy :)

kenneth

Sponsored Content

#2 dylim1

dylim1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2015 - 17:51

It's a nice and short video. Thanks for making that.

#3 Tanzanite

Tanzanite

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2015 - 18:23

What a cute little fountain pen. I use to refill Pilot cartridges too, with a pipette.
Thanks for showing.

#4 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:16

I usually remove the (dislodged) sealing disc before refilling the first time. Reduces air bubble jam if dribbling in from top; needle tip on bottle is better too.

Anybody found inks which write as smooth as Petit1 original ink? Have tried a few nonPilot inks in Petit1 and they all write drier; PhotoFlo helps but also worsens feathering.

#5 Tanzanite

Tanzanite

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,095 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:09

I have not compared but the smoothest ink with wet flow I have tried is Diamine Bilberry and Diamine Midnight. I use them for my dry and scratchy Sailors. I have tried lots of ink in those pens.

#6 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2015 - 14:37

I might have to try Diamine one day :) always looking for a replacement for the Petit1 Brown.

#7 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:17

I also refill a Pilot cart with a pipette, and have long since removed the sealing disk, to keep my 3.8mm Parallel in Borealis Black.

#8 jwzr

jwzr

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:10

You may be interested in this special eye dropper bottle that I modified specifically for refilling cartridges.

Edited by jwzr, 01 September 2016 - 06:12.

#9 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:41

I liked the classy music on your video. Also, this is a chance for me to repeat my praise of the Petit 1. I find it almost impossible to believe that a pen can write so well at so low a price. 

#10 leewm

leewm

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:01

You may be interested in this special eye dropper bottle that I modified specifically for refilling cartridges.

I love what u did with the eye dropper, putting a thin metal tube in front of glass tube.  I didn't think it was possible to do so.  I must try it out one day but I first need to figure out how to cut glass tubes without a dremel as I don't own one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot petit1, ink cartridge, eye dropper

Sponsored Content

|