X450: $.99Usd/free Shipping!

k3eax

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Students-Collectable-Vintage-Fountain-Pen-Medium-Nib-Black-Gold-Stainless/351462897432?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D32831%26meid%3Dbc819d756b5a4cf78a5989fed1348723%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D7%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D311131162818

This is a very nice price, indeed. It is so low that I wonder how such a price is possible. I received mine,my first X450, and found it to be an excellent writer.

Of course the US-based "locavore" pen shoppers can always seek-out a dealer who provides "excellent service" and pay 10 to 15 times as much.

Edited by k3eax

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magnus919

• k3eax

• Xmsteel

• amarjit

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of them. It's definitely a Jinhao X450, despite it is a little hard to see it in the description. Mine came with an aligned nib and had no issues with it (probably I was lucky).

What's the catch? You can only order 1 every 10 days.

Methinks that the vendor is using the $,99/X450 as loss-leader, That is to say, offering a low priced item as a lure which will encourage you to look over other merchandise being offered.

Edited by k3eax

I have one of them. It's definitely a Jinhao X450, despite it is a little hard to see it in the description. Mine came with an aligned nib and had no issues with it (probably I was lucky).

What's the catch? You can only order 1 every 10 days.

yeah, 1 piece in 10 days, i have to wait for 10 days to buy it again

Of course the US-based "locavore" pen shoppers can always seek-out a dealer who provides "excellent service" and pay 10 to 15 times as much.

Meow.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

Perhaps you'd like to expand on your comment?

Your comment was quite catty. So I decided to respond in Cat.

Your comment was quite catty. So I decided to respond in Cat.

"Catty", that's a rather imprecise way to describe the style of my comment. How's this to describe your style,"fur-tive"?

I all makes sense, if you don't insist on imposing capitalist values on others, who might not be so motivated. B)

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

In my exoerience the nibs on these are great and smooth right out of the packet.

I have also replaced the Nib with a #6 stub 1.1 from Goulet with excellent results. (no connection with either retailer).

The converter that comes with the X450 isn't great but an International size replacement will work if your initial converter ever fails.

D

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

"Catty", that's a rather imprecise way to describe the style of my comment. How's this to describe your style,"fur-tive"?

I prefer "laconic", but whatever.

Since you desire more words: Your statement ("Of course the US-based "locavore" pen shoppers can always seek-out a dealer who provides "excellent service" and pay 10 to 15 times as much.") is weirdly aggressive, and dismissive, of other people's buying habits. I say weirdly because of your reference to "'locavore" pen shoppers'--if there does exist a fountain pen equivalent of local foods activists, none of them are going to care where you got your Chinese pen.

Further: there are probably people (you know, like Mont Blanc collectors) who literally don't care if they spend one dollar or fifteen for an X450. For the rest of us, that decision is made on the basis of what that fifteen dollars gets us. In my case, it would get me a pen that I want without having to deal with eBay. And I absolutely point blank refuse to open an eBay account. Other people may have the same reason, or a different reason, or a linear combination of reasons. Whatever the case may be they think the money is worth it--or they wouldn't be handing the money over.

I prefer "laconic", but whatever.

Since you desire more words: Your statement ("Of course the US-based "locavore" pen shoppers can always seek-out a dealer who provides "excellent service" and pay 10 to 15 times as much.") is weirdly aggressive, and dismissive, of other people's buying habits. I say weirdly because of your reference to "'locavore" pen shoppers'--if there does exist a fountain pen equivalent of local foods activists, none of them are going to care where you got your Chinese pen.

Further: there are probably people (you know, like Mont Blanc collectors) who literally don't care if they spend one dollar or fifteen for an X450. For the rest of us, that decision is made on the basis of what that fifteen dollars gets us. In my case, it would get me a pen that I want without having to deal with eBay. And I absolutely point blank refuse to open an eBay account. Other people may have the same reason, or a different reason, or a linear combination of reasons. Whatever the case may be they think the money is worth it--or they wouldn't be handing the money over.

Oh' dear, in all kindness I say to you that it would be best if you just stayed with comments like "meow"

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my $0.99 x450 today and I am impressed. I am comparing it to several pens in my collection that cost 200X the cost. If it was lighter; It would be an amazing pen. I hope the build quality lasts like my Pilots & Sailors.

I think of my FPs as my children.

I have tried a few of the black X450's that are running around the $1 mark - but found most of them were poorly made and the ink just flooded out of them.

not all of them but most of them.

X450 in other colours never a problem.

X750 in any colour never a problem

X450 in shiny black - most have failed.

I love these 2 ranges of pens and when I do see them on ebay cheap I find it very hard not to bid.

I've purchased 5 of thses $1 x450's abnd found eaxch to be flawless.

I have tried a few of the black X450's that are running around the $1 mark - but found most of them were poorly made and the ink just flooded out of them.

not all of them but most of them.

X450 in other colours never a problem.

X750 in any colour never a problem

X450 in shiny black - most have failed.

I love these 2 ranges of pens and when I do see them on ebay cheap I find it very hard not to bid.

I've purchased 5 of these $1 x450's --- okay, so I'm a glutton --- and have found each to be flawless! Perhaps you're victim of bad karma?

• 3 weeks later...