Received My New Pelikan M600 Pink

Anntee

Hi all,

This is my first post. I have been a member of FPN for a year or so now. I used a fountain pen in my misspent -but fun ; ) 20’s. A couple of years ago I decided that I wanted to do so again, so I discovered the forums here and learned a lot.

To make a long story short, I wanted a Pelikan, but didn’t want one of the standard colors. I pre-ordered a Pellikan M600 Pink from Niche Pens. I wasn’t crazy about the pink color I saw on my computer screen, but I took a chance.

I was surprised by its arrival today. It is gorgeous! It is more of a cherry red than a Pepto- Bismol pink. It has a certain iridescence to it that makes it very difficult to photograph. I have been attempting to take pictures of it this afternoon, but they just don’t do it justice.

The color of the cherry stripe in the pen is very close to the interior of the box. The alternating stripes are ivory like the top. The pen appears pinker than it is because of the color juxtaposition and pearlescence.

I am very happy I purchased it. I wasn’t expecting it for some weeks yet. Now, I’m looking for a fabulous shading ink in a similar cherry color!

Oh, and both me and my husband thought the box looks more like a laced gym shoe than a corset or anything else. We do both know the difference ; )

I personally was more amused than offended by the ladies’ pen thing. But-my sense of humor is a bit quirky. I laugh at the “Axe” men’s commercials and the Old Spice Guy,

Ross Adams at Niche was wonderful to work with. I definitely recommend him and will buy from him again. He customized a Broad nib into a cursive italic for me. I haven’t inked it yet, but am looking forward to it!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anntee

• Nanya

• haruka337

• ScienceChick

Hi, and congratulations on your new pen! I hadn't liked the pictures of this one, but your description makes it sound much more appealing. Hope you enjoy the nib!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Thanks! I'm really excited! It's actually a bit redder than this, but the depth of color is more in line with what I have.

fpn_1442538281__m600_pink_sm.jpg

The picture isn't great,but you can get an idea of the pearlescence.

Edited by Anntee

Glad to hear it's not truly so pink. Look forward to seeing one in person. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new pen.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Thank you for sharing you new pen! It is beautiful & a nice addition to the Tortoises. Especially nice to see it pictured "in the hand" so we can realise it is far from the Pepto Bismol Pink! Thank you for posting & congratulations on your first post which is the first real siting for us of a much talked about pen.

:W2FPN:

Hi,

Many thanks for sharing!

If I were to receive such a beautiful pen, I'd need to purchase matching lingerie.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Thanks! I'm really excited! It's actually a bit redder than this, but the depth of color is more in line with what I have.

fpn_1442538281__m600_pink_sm.jpg

The picture isn't great,but you can get an idea of the pearlescence.

Wow I really shyed away from this pen because I thought it would be way too pink. Thank you for posting the photos.

Thanks for the pictures! The color looks better than exspected.

Pelikans are great fountain pens. I do not know how I feel about this model, but it is great to see some real pictures.

Edited by Alma

I have been reading about this pen elsewhere in an excellent blog that I know is written by a FPN member. There are some very good pictures of it on there too.

I'm really tempted to buy one for myself, but it will have to wait for a while as I have recently bought a few pens

Sandy1- Shoes are a definite necessity if you go for the lingerie. Just make sure your ensemble is more red than pink : ),

Alma- it's much more understated than I expected. Maybe a little more than I had hoped, actually. Hubby looked at it and asked, "What's the big controversy about this color?". He's pretty macho but wouldn't shy from picking it up and using it in public.

Chrissy- thanks for the link to Laura's blog. It's an excellent description. Raspberry is a good call. It appears more cherry in my house than closer to the light. She managed to get the ivory stripes to show up and the colors on my pictures still blur together.

Haruka337- The truth is, I have never picked up an M400. I can't imagine that there would be an appreciable difference in weight, but more in girth. My other fountain pens are a Visconti Opera with a stub nib, and a vintage Eagle needlepoint. It's heavier than the Eagle, but incredibly light compared to the Visconti. I went for the 600 because I wanted the extra girth. My hands are small but I find it more comfortable for extended use.

Barkingpig- I love the tortoise pens, too. Had this not come up as a limited run, a tortoise would have been my first Pelikan.

Edited by Anntee

:W2FPN:

Hi,

Many thanks for sharing!

If I were to receive such a beautiful pen, I'd need to purchase matching lingerie.

Bye,

S1

:lol:

What a good excuse I'd have to use on the Philistine er, non-FP using spouse. He already totally freaked out at the price I paid for my 1990s-era M400 Brown Tortoise, and the 1950s vintage striated Green with the OB nib. But sadly, the pink M600s are way beyond my price point at the moment -- being (at the best deal I've seen, nearly twice the cost of those two pens combined...). :crybaby:

Hmmm. I wonder if they'll start showing up on the Auction Site That Shall Not Be Named in a couple of years (then I wouldn't have to *also* spring for the lingerie...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I was hoping for bubble gum/Barbie pink, more like the pre-release pictures, but still love mine. I got a M nib and have ordered an OM; the M will get stubbed.

Enjoy!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I have been reading about this pen elsewhere in an excellent blog that I know is written by a FPN member. There are some very good pictures of it on there too.

I'm really tempted to buy one for myself, but it will have to wait for a while as I have recently bought a few pens

Ooh, thanks for that link! I wasn't tempted by this pen before, but I could be now ...

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

It is not pink enough for me. :blush:

Now that I saw the real colour and the fact that it has no transparency made my decision not to buy it.

I've seen a classic red-black one for a good price. Maybe I'll get that one, or wait for next year's special edition.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Inkstainedtruth- I remember that I had a cocktail dress once upon a time that was nearly the same pink and sparkly. I suppose if I'd had the pen back then, I could have pushed it into my hair like a chopstick and used it as either a writing instrument or an ornament at any given moment!

sciencechick- I was really surprised at the color, but I still love mine, too.I like the cursive italic that Ross (Niche Pens)made out of the broad. I hope to to get another nib for it also, but I don't know what yet.

nyanzilla- You do have to hold it up to the light to see through it. Pelikan classics are always good. And, you're right- next year may bring something that really speaks to you!