What Pen Did You Get Today?

George

Nothing today, but yesterday I received a Sheaffer Admiral fountain pen. This is the lever fill, no white dot FPs from 1947-1949. I haven't used it yet, but I expect it will be a positive experience.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.--Groucho Marx

You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.--President Obama's Chief of Staff

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clive Merrick Morel

• PAKMAN

• Deirdre

• donwinn

I got the Montblanc 149 that I had sent back in to be refurb'd for a friend. They sent it back the first time (highlighted ad nauseum in other posts) and needless to say, there was much more work to be done. It came back today, at with the engraving, at least. I wish that they could have sourced the nib that I sent in with it, but alas, it appears that the original nib is long gone, having been replaced with a (F) nib. There's more to the story, but I'll save it for a different post.

It does, however, write fairly nicely. I tested it for a bit with some Pelikan Royal Blue, as it was what I had at easiest reach.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Most recently a vintage Aurora 88k - that is in just remarkable condition. Not a flea bite or scratch on the body and only 2-3 pin, and I do mean pin, dings at the base of the cap, with no brassing. Only very light wear on the gold cap. This pen was really carefully used.

But per Giovanni's instructions it is sitting filled with water to make sure the piston does not leak. If I pass the test I'll use it for awhile and send it to him to restore the mechanism just to be safe. I did dip test it just to see how it writes and it is a nice smooth fine line. I had to at least put it to paper even if I don't trust the piston yet... :D

I'll try to take a picture later. It is indeed an elegant design and while in the same ballpark as the "51" from a size and design standpoint it is still quite distinctive.

A pen a day keeps the doctor away...

Parker "51" flighter; Parker 75 cisele; Conway Stewart Dandy Demonstrator; Aurora 88P chrome; Sailor Sapporo ; Lamy 2000; Lamy 27 double L; Lamy Studio; Pilot Murex; Pilot Sesenta (Red/Grey); Pilot Capless (black carbonesque); Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator; Pilot Volex; Waterman Expert 2000 (slate blue)

I am waiting for my fresh new Nakaya to show up from Japan!

Nakaya Writer Wajima-Urushi nuri Kikyo long pen fp - Grayson Tighe Twist Damascus fp - Mont Blanc Ramses mp - Pelikan M800 (2) - Restored 1936 Conklin Nozac fp - 1935 Waterman #3 mp - Namiki Falcon fp - Lamy Al-Star fp (2) - Parker 51 (8) - Swan/Mabie Todd fp - Wality 69L (3) - et alii

Ummm, don't know when it will come, but paid for my FPN Bexley a little while ago. That should be enough for today.

spelling edit

Edited by Momomar

Flying by the seat of my pants.

just bought:

LAMY 2000

Parker RUBY dark red ink

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/500/35561lamy2000_parker_ruby.jpg

Feelings?

ahmmm..., not sure yet.

ink is not red, more burnt umbra - little to dark for tests correction use, :(

nib´s track (M nib) is wet and broad - very suitable for tests correction use. :)

cap posted perfectly,

design (consider that it is from 1966) is incredible.

A surprisingly instant working, nice writing good looking Jotter flighter FP. But after all it is a Parker :D

Henrik

Just got a nice old Duofold (no idea how old yet), 2 51s, a Parker Vector (a local stationary store still has a few), a nice green esterbrook, a shaeffer snorkel and a Duofold Mosaic.

Its been a good day. :)

The only downside so far is that the Esterbrook has a hole in the sac and the snorkel doesn't suck up ink. (I don't know how to repair them yet)

More to come soon I hope. :)

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

My Itoya Galaxy in Saturn Black arrived today from Swisher Pens. Works perfectly right out of the box with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue ink. The pen was made in France for Itoya and the nib has what appears to be a tiny lizard engraved on it. I think the pen may have been discontinued because Swisher is having a clearance sale on it. I never could pass up a good bargain. :D

Just received my Nakaya Writer Wajima-Urushi nuri Kikyo Long Pen yesterday!

Nakaya Writer Wajima-Urushi nuri Kikyo long pen fp - Grayson Tighe Twist Damascus fp - Mont Blanc Ramses mp - Pelikan M800 (2) - Restored 1936 Conklin Nozac fp - 1935 Waterman #3 mp - Namiki Falcon fp - Lamy Al-Star fp (2) - Parker 51 (8) - Swan/Mabie Todd fp - Wality 69L (3) - et alii

Yesterday I received my Conway Stewart 100 in Red Swirl with a Fine Italic Nib that is indeed actually a stub. It's got the imbedded converter which works great. I like cursive italic or XF nibs, so the jury's still out on this stub. Very smooth and wet. This is my first really expensive pen and I must say it is one plump juicy pen with an elegant nib. I'm all smiles!

Just received a $6.99 green plaid Charles Hubert from Todd!

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

I didn't get any pens today as much as I got back two pens today:

1) Conway Stewart Scribe 330 with fine nib (back from a nib/feed adjustment and a re-sac) and

2) Yellow Danitrio Tac Carry II (back from Deb Kinney, having its nib ground to a stub -- sweeeeeeet!)

Don

... a Caran d'Ache Ecridor Retro Silver Rhodium in the Barley Design, F Nib. I received it as a gift, as a set together with a matching mechanical pencil. Both have my initials engraved! This pen comes in a delicious red box -- It made me feel like a child on Christmas morning. It came with a lifetime warranty, a screw-in Caran d'Ache converter and a 100-page user manual.

This pen is oh so cool. First of all, its body is shaped like a wooden #2 pencil, so it feels very comfortable and familiar to hold as you write. Second, it is extremely tough, solid and well-crafted -- it gives you the impression that you can hammer nails with it into the wall. And finally, the nib writes beautifully, producing a perfect Fine line every time and being neither too runny nor too dry.

Here is a picture stolen from worldlux. Unfortunately, it does not show the red box and how beautifully presented this thing is when it arrives.

post-5823-1177005961_thumb.jpg

Hooray! I just opened a box from the Fountain Pen Hospital and am now inking my new Namiki/Pilot Vanishing Point (fine nib, lovely grey color) with my new Blue Suede ink. (And for a first time inker, I only managed to get a small spot of ink on myself. Not too bad for a newbie!) :lol:

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try.

Mark Twain

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I just arrived home from a road trip and found the following waiting for me:

A black Esterbrook with a 2550 nib.

A black Platignum Silverline with an oblique stub nib.

A Pilot 78G with a "B" nib.

A nice rose colored stripped Sheaffer that I got on Ebay and haven't completely identified yet.

And a lovley blue/black Vacumatic that was just restored by Richard.

I haven't inked any of them yet - not sure where to start with such a plethora of pens and I'm still unpacking.

Maybe a good chance to dip into the bottle of Visconti Burgundy I brought home with me. :D

~ A Pen saved is a Pen earned. ~ BF

Today i got a 1936 Parker vacumatic in green marble :cloud9: and a knock-out block from cathedral pens, look out sections here i come :bonk: :roller1: Oh and waiting delivery of another 51 (you can never have too many), with a rolled silver cap. :rolleyes:

PARKER 51 RULES

I just found a Sheaffer Snorkel Statesman. Dead sac, and the helical spring may be past it, but it's my first Triumph point and it cost... very little indeed :cloud9:

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg