What Pen Did You Get Today?

George

a sterling silver Mabie Todd Swan ©1920

and a (new) Parker Sonnet in matte black and chrome

that was yesterday actually... today I am off to the Boston Pen Show; after this no more new pens for a while!

QM2

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clive Merrick Morel

• PAKMAN

• Deirdre

• donwinn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was yesterday but a Sheaffer Snorkel, all gold-coloured, can't work out if it's a Signet or Triumph model, but it is lovely. To quote Coco's husband, "it writes like buttah!"

two pens in two weeks is quite naughty for me. And I only went to the shop to exchange a pen for someone else. I'm easily led astray!

We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

A Parker 51 I picked up for £5 at a car boot sale this morning. I've rinsed it out thoroughly and it writes beautifully - I think it may even be a broad nib! It's certainly broader than any other 51 I've got.....

I also picked up a pen and pencil set. The pen is retractable and looks like it's meant to hold a nib for a dip pen. I know nothing about it and will probably bring it to the Northern Pen Show next week to see if anyone can tell me anything about it!

Casmi

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

A gray Statesman snorkel, in need of a cap repair (broken under the clip), a new sac, o-ring and nib seal. Waiting on the sac.

Nib (PdAb Triumph) has been adjusted to write properly for ink delivery (very dry and scratchy as bought), but final alignment will have to wait until next week when I go back to work (I'm no vacation this week).

Good buy, less than $15 I think.

Other than the chipped white dot and the cracked cap, mint, looks hardly used.

Peter

:lol: Just won a Vintage Wahl Eversharp Lapis Gold Seal on the Bay! Can't wait to get it in and restored!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

A Stipula Etruria in the Ocean Blue celluloid from Regina Martini. Very sweet pen, and the stiffer 14K nib is exactly what I was looking for. Best,

David

I got my new Sheaffer Balance Oversize.

Next I am waiting to my Parker 85 and then the new Delta Dolce Vita I just ordered from Pam Brown.

Respect to all

I'll cheat a little bit, as I paid for the pen a couple of days ago but don't have it in hand yet (though it ought to be here any day). Anyway, I've got a red mottled hard rubber American Fountain Pen Company Moore's Non-leakable coming my way. A mottled Moore's has been on my want list for quite a while, and I finally landed one that I could afford. I'm eager to add it to my modest early Moore's collection.

Dave

An old style Parker Sonnet Cascade in 23kgp with a semi-flex fine nib... YAY!!!

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

A Pilot Capless Decimo in blue and silver from ujuku in Japan. A wonderful writer and a very nice pen. Definitely a keeper!

Mike

No pen today, but I did get two emails: one confirming the shipment of a pen from an Ebay purchase, and the other one stating that Mr. Binder will be mailing my shiny new Pelikan M200 on Wednesday.

I did get my Noodler's Legal Lapis today, though, and I like it a lot!

Edited by Tannhauser

"For it is the Doom of Men that they forget." - Merlin, Excalibur

The Waterman pens I mentioned on Saturday have now been photographed. First, the 442-1/2V:

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/442_5v_moderne.jpg

And next, the 52-1/2V (actually a 01852-1/2V):

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/52_5v_cardinal.jpg

I also managed, today, to wrest from Ron Zorn's hands this delightful Parkette Deluxe:

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/parkette_dlx_fluted.jpg

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

A friend picked these up for me at an auction over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to see them yet in person as I'm working away from home, but, I can't wait to take a look at both of these!

H'mmm - having some trouble with my pic. I'll work on that. The pens are a Conklin Symetric and Parker Duofold Jr. The Symetric looks to be a cream colored celluloid. The Duofold is red.

Edited by Kelly G

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

I think (crossing my fingers, anyway) that there's a box with a restored 1942 Vacumatic (first year plastic filler) Golden Pearl Major, a '48/'49 TD Crest (also first year or two), a Mark III Parker 51, and a new research project...a Pelikan 100 series from the 30's or 40's that needs to be identified.

Can't wait! These have been out for two+ months.

Update: Got 'em today! A little bit different than I expected, but great pens! The Golden Pearl is outrageous!

Pics comin' up soon.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

Great topic, fills one with desire.

I've been on the road all day today and yesterday so no new pens, but before I left Denver I did get a new Recife eyedropper with a clear barrel and a fine nib which I am liking. I also go some PR Midnight Blue to put in it and a packet of Pilot Varsitys. :rolleyes:

I have heard that there are at least four new pens waiting from me when I get back home. :drool:

I will list those when I get there.

~ A Pen saved is a Pen earned. ~ BF